Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update:

10/2 order white/black FSD
12/2 VIN
12/18 Received call that M3P arrived early, I couldn’t take delivery because I was out of town.
12/21 Took delivery, painless process. Phillip and Derek helped me out, good dudes.

Drive home was pleasant, took about 10 minutes to calibrate, hooked up to wall connector and verified 48 amps... so far so good!

View attachment 491155 View attachment 491156 View attachment 491157 View attachment 491158 View attachment 491159
How come i didnt get a fancy little name thingy holder when i picked up :(

• Funny
Reactions: Snake and Kristina
Norcal is obviously going to be last... when you are trying to maximize overall delivery quantity by the EOY, and you have a list of orders from all over the country, you have to build the cars and get them moving to the furthest locations first. And when you are approaching the timeframe that you no longer can truck cars elsewhere, you build the ones that can be picked up from the back porch.

• Informative
Reactions: CZero and M3tl
Also, I’m setup for home delivery. The guy said that as soon as it’s done, they’ll load them up from the factory and deliver it straight to my house. Which is kinda neat, but I also wanted the experience of going in to pick up my car. Either way, I just want my damn car!!!!

Also, I’m setup for home delivery. The guy said that as soon as it’s done, they’ll load them up from the factory and deliver it straight to my house. Which is kinda neat, but I also wanted the experience of going in to pick up my car. Either way, I just want my damn car!!!!

yee. i did factory delivery cuz i wanted the least amount of trucking. heard too many stories of damage on the truck. also fresh from the factory type of deal.

also this

07A2DEEC-8AC1-441E-B1B2-F8E69F4C4A81.jpeg

Last edited:
Came here to post the same information. I just spoke to a different SA and he mentioned the same thing. To expect my VIN on 12/15 and car should be in by 12/18 +/- a day. I've been waiting since Oct, but will be out of country starting Saturday (emergency travel) until 12/25. SA mentioned they can only hold car for three days. At this point I am resigned to the fact that I won't have the car this year and strangely I am at peace :)

Update - Got a text on 12/15 saying car is in transit and asking to choose a delivery time slot ( Options were 12/20 and 12/21). Texted SA immediately and reminded her that I was out of the country. The link in the text worked till yesterday. I checked my account just now and I can see a MVPA with a VIN and the date on the document is 12/15. I don't have a delivery date scheduled so not sure if I'll get the same car as mentioned in the MVPA or I'll have to play the waiting game once I am back next week

Entering week 10 and still without a VIN. I'm coming off of indifference and trying to resist anger. I'm not upset that I've had to wait, but not happy either about the falsehood of "first come, first served."

The whole planet got their car, except people in CA and certainly not anyone who ordered in October.o_O
I ordered in Oct and got mine. You're next!!

VIN assigned this am! 624550

Costa Mesa delivery center.
10/16 order
Blk/Blk FSD

Was starting get a little anxious with all these inventory cars staring us in the face

UPDATE: after speaking with a “sounded knowledgeable” SA at Costa Mesa... VIN was in final production waiting for final inspection. Should be on a truck Sunday for maybe Mon/Tue delivery.

Good news for some other SoCal Costa Mesa cars/VINs on the truck as well!

Reactions: sslack18
Update:

10/2 order white/black FSD
12/2 VIN
12/18 Received call that M3P arrived early, I couldn’t take delivery because I was out of town.
12/21 Took delivery, painless process. Phillip and Derek helped me out, good dudes.

Drive home was pleasant, took about 10 minutes to calibrate, hooked up to wall connector and verified 48 amps... so far so good!

Very happy for you! We got there a few minutes early and were greeted with congrats from the staff and the sign (a nice touch). Delivery went smoothly. Some minor scratches on the hood and doors which were buffed right out by the detail guys. Drive home was great! Cautiously experimented with the AP and FSD. Driving it was fantastic. Glued to the road and acceleration is phenomenal. We couldn’t be happier with our new baby.

Thanks all, for the group support. It made the time, albeit shorter than most, go quickly. The wait was worth it.