Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a text message saying

"We currently expect your Model 3 to exit the factory on 12/23. By this evening, select your tentative appointment at tesla.com/schedule/..."

When I go to the link, no page loads. Anyone else experience this?

Timing wise, I placed my order 12/20 and hoping to be able to take delivery in December.

OH... just got the text:
"We currently expect your Model 3 to exit the factory on 12/23. By this evening, select your tentative appointment at... Due to variability in production, we may reach out to reschedule this appointment to an earlier or later time. We appreciate your patience and flexibility! Your VIN will appear in your Tesla Account 1-2 days before your Model 3 exits the factory." YEAH!!

Reactions: sslack18
A little update on my week owned P3D with a 1000 miles now on the odometer since I just took a road trip yesterday back to GA. I Iove everything about this car except for not knowing what my car's range usage is in different scenarios. I like to learn my lessons the hard way and also since everyone here might be heavy foots I am hoping to keep other new owners from doing the same.

1. I have arrived at superchargers now with 0, 5, and 0 a mile away(Car seems to go into a more limp mode at this stage. I could tell immediately with the pedal, but not sure how far it will let you go).

2. You will get a message that says please stay ?? Mph to reach destination. It seems pretty good at knowing even if your rated mileage is 100 miles over your destination distance. Keep it in mind especially when chargers are 150 miles away from each other.

3. If you don't listen to that message, you will get a message stating that you must charge to reach destination as the previous message will keep lowering the required mph.

4. The farthest I went was 220 miles on 90% to the first supercharger. I had to slow down to 55 to make it on 0 miles since it told me to skip one supercharger and I was like, "Sure, I'll trust the Tesla navigation".

5. Temperature stayed consistent around high 40s to mid 50s. I had rain in three states for the most part.

6. I used up over 400 rated range over the actual trip mileage.

7. I used abetterrouteplanner after the first stop. This seems a lot better as you can input several factors, but the car needs to route through the supercharger in order to precondition for quicker chargers. Selecting the supercharger as a destination doesn't seem to activate it.

8. Charge time was a little less than 3 hours with no V3 chargers and half my stops sharing stalls.

9. Autopilot and navigate on autopilot are pretty freaking awesome. This trip took the longest at 18 hours compared to my gas trips of 13:30 -16 hours, but I know I can get this down.

Tl;dr: Don't go fast on trips. Or do, but be cautious with range. Car is still the best thing I've ever driven and it's worth the wait!

Attachments

• IMG_20191222_110434.jpg
    IMG_20191222_110434.jpg
    896.3 KB · Views: 65
I just tried to go to the link in my text message to schedule my delivery and I'm getting a "there are no appointments available" Ugh, anyone else?

I received the text too, but I was able to schedule about 5 min ago. The first time I tried to use the link it just sent me to my “manage” page.

Ordered - 10/20 white/black No FSD
Vin - Pending
Delivery text - 12/22
Scheduled delivery- 12/24 @ 10am

Reactions: sslack18