Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a very poor experience today at the Costa Mesa location. Some of it my fault, some of it Tesla's.

Appointment was at 530PM; didn't get to see the car until 6:15PM. I get it, it's busy.

Then I found major paint flaws (paint running) on the rear bumper and passenger side mirror. Both were replaced with brand new parts while I waited (+30 minutes).

Then the big one was when signing the checks. There was a major error in the numbers in the purchase agreement (overcharged $5,000 on the loan amount) that I should of caught. Im such an idiot. Didn't catch this until I got home. I had to go back and the guy promised me it's been fixed.

What a day!

I know I am biased (red is forever my favorite color), but in person this is the most beautiful car I have ever seen. Everything went smooth for my 5:00 p/u yesterday. It was on the north side of Houston, I live on the South. About an hour drive with traffic. Took the first 15 min or so to calibrate then FSD/Autopilot to my exit without a hitch. Completely stress free traffic from now on. I know my wait was nothing compared to many others on here but after a little more than 15 hours ownership, it is well worth any wait.

Attachments

• M3P2.jpg
    M3P2.jpg
    321.3 KB · Views: 90
  • M3P1.jpg
    M3P1.jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 72
Quick word of caution to all the new owners out there - be careful with these rims. I made a quick right in a parking lot and already curbed my rim after 1 week. Had my last 2 cars for 8+ years without ever doing that, so I have a feeling the dimensions of this car may be a little unique in this respect. Wasn’t like I was even close by my estimation. Rear passenger side wheel - I’ve heard this is the one to watch.

Quick word of caution to all the new owners out there - be careful with these rims. I made a quick right in a parking lot and already curbed my rim after 1 week. Had my last 2 cars for 8+ years without ever doing that, so I have a feeling the dimensions of this car may be a little unique in this respect. Wasn’t like I was even close by my estimation. Rear passenger side wheel - I’ve heard this is the one to watch.

It’s always the rear passenger wheel in all cars. Farthest point from the driver.

Me too! I hit a curb the very first day (on a curb that I usually pass a few times per day!). I will definitely be more careful...

According to my DC, my car is in Seattle (arrived there Christmas Day) and the "Shipping Team is searching for a Carrier to bring the car to [me]." I offered to fly over (about 300 miles) and drive back if they couldn't find a carrier quickly. No response to that.

I'd really, really like to take delivery before the new year. Not only am I impatient :), I'd like the tax credit.

Of course, I don't have my home charging set up yet, so it'll be a bit like when I was a kid and someone would buy me a toy I really wanted for Christmas, only to neglect buying batteries!

Congrats to all who have what look to be beautiful cars.

Reactions: sslack18
Took delivery of mine today. I feel as though I need them to fix the rear bumper on the driver side as I feel you can see the clips where it connects. Anyone else had problems with that area?

I had the same problem with the rear bumper on the driver side! You definitely can see the clips. They tried to fix it there but said it was too cold (car was outside all day) so the bumper was too rigid for them to push it in or something like that. They instead schedule it to be fix at a later date.

so today is my big day!

about to take home delivery of my msm/black p3d+ in a few hours. payment wise, only thing left to do is the ACH transfer of what essentially is my down payment. i'm hoping there's no hiccups with that. somebody from tesla las vegas center called me yesterday to confirm the home delivery, but then he wanted to initiate the ACH yesterday as well. i was like naaaaaa, i would like to see the car first. i called my SA, and he put notes in my account that ACH final payment will be made on the spot after i see the car. we'll see how this goes... the CU already overnighted the rest of the amount due directly to tesla fremont.

so yea, hopefully non issues and all goes smoothly! :eek:

Reactions: sslack18
For those of you in CA, check out Tesla insurance! I currently have AAA, 30, bundled with home insurance policy, with a clean driving record and coverage (well above the state limits) for my P3D+ was about $600 cheaper a year.

Switching auto insurance today to Tesla's.

i'm considering tesla insurance as well, either tesla or state farm (my current auto/home bundle). i was messing with the tesla insurance quote last night and found that i can get more coverage for essentially similar pricing. we'll see.