Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the plus side, "Say 'hello' to my little friend!" There may be a few frustrations, but I love the car.

BTW, be really careful about quickly lifting your foot off the accelerator while cornering on ice / snow. Otherwise. you may experience a brief increase in your heart rate and adrenaline levels.:eek:
20191229_101058.jpg
20191229_101032.jpg

On the plus side, "Say 'hello' to my little friend!" There may be a few frustrations, but I love the car.

BTW, be really careful about quickly lifting your foot off the accelerator while cornering on ice / snow. Otherwise. you may experience a brief increase in your heart rate and adrenaline levels.:eek:
View attachment 494179 View attachment 494178

Whoa that was a quick turnaround. Welcome to the club!! Yes, I’d recommend chill and turning off regen braking (set to low) in snowy or icy conditions. Not that I have much experience with that in CA lol but from what I’ve read.

Congrats!

I’m pretty sure it’s recommended to set regen to chill in low grip driving environments.

Did you consider getting a winter set of tires? Seeing those 20's on ice makes me feel uncomfortable!

You call it trolling, I call it a reality check.

Entitlement is expecting to get a mass produced car with no flaws and a perfect delivery experience because you paid $40-70k, lol. That is the ENTRY level luxury price range, where privileges are set at “basic”. There are a lot of overinflated egos in here with demands that far exceed the checks they're writing.

Idk who set that expectation in here, but it’s comical to watch people constantly complain about paint drips, slight offsets, cosmetic alignments, light scratches, etc.

Newsflash: People who pay 2/3/5x what we paid DO NOT receive perfect cars. There are always issues, especially with paint. Maximum value will NEVER equate to 100% perfect car. Sorry to burst your bubble. There will be flaws.

Pro-tip: Those of us who have higher paint standards know that paint correction is ALWAYS required for cars immediately after delivery. This should be included in the cost of purchase and part of your buying process. All factory paint jobs are satisfactory, at best.

So instead of us as a community whining and allowing others to cry about every little thing, we should collectively set the expectation upfront that there may be some flaws. Minor issues can be corrected (98% of the post in here). Major issues (mechanical or safety) are genuine concerns that Tesla should address immediately, or rejection of delivery is warranted.

People here are acting like they’re buying handcrafted chariots from Jesus. It’s a daily driver people. The paint will be damaged 30 seconds after leaving the lot. Stop stressing yourselves over every imperfection, back the magnifying glass off of the small chip in the wheel well, and view the vehicle as a whole.

You’ll be able to enjoy the car (and probably life) a lot more.
I mean, if this isn't the forum/thread to have a discussion about these issues, then what is? I'd think that "as a community" we'd want to see improvements on quality - even if it's cosmetic. You're not going to get those improvements if your immediate reaction to a complaint is to tell people to suck it up.

Reactions: M3tl and sslack18

Congrats again. The manual BTW says on ice and snow people should use LOW regen to avoid loss of traction. Also be careful parked on slopes under those conditions—heavy car.

lol. Just read posts below your car’s photo and good to see so many owners knowing about low setting in these conditions.

You call it trolling, I call it a reality check.

Entitlement is expecting to get a mass produced car with no flaws and a perfect delivery experience because you paid $40-70k, lol. That is the ENTRY level luxury price range, where privileges are set at “basic”. There are a lot of overinflated egos in here with demands that far exceed the checks they're writing.

Idk who set that expectation in here, but it’s comical to watch people constantly complain about paint drips, slight offsets, cosmetic alignments, light scratches, etc.

Newsflash: People who pay 2/3/5x what we paid DO NOT receive perfect cars. There are always issues, especially with paint. Maximum value will NEVER equate to 100% perfect car. Sorry to burst your bubble. There will be flaws.

Pro-tip: Those of us who have higher paint standards know that paint correction is ALWAYS required for cars immediately after delivery. This should be included in the cost of purchase and part of your buying process. All factory paint jobs are satisfactory, at best.

So instead of us as a community whining and allowing others to cry about every little thing, we should collectively set the expectation upfront that there may be some flaws. Minor issues can be corrected (98% of the post in here). Major issues (mechanical or safety) are genuine concerns that Tesla should address immediately, or rejection of delivery is warranted.

People here are acting like they’re buying handcrafted chariots from Jesus. It’s a daily driver people. The paint will be damaged 30 seconds after leaving the lot. Stop stressing yourselves over every imperfection, back the magnifying glass off of the small chip in the wheel well, and view the vehicle as a whole.

You’ll be able to enjoy the car (and probably life) a lot more.

Thanks for taking time away from polishing your Ferraris to respond, and also educating me about what constitutes an entry-level luxury car.

I realize there are rich people, such as yourself, who DGAF that their daily-driven R8 wasn’t perfect from the factory. I have nothing in common with those people, besides possibly owning an overpriced home in CA. I also realize there may be lower-middle income folks who see their Model 3 as a sizable investment and get a bit emotional when the car they’ve been waiting on for ten weeks is delivered with orange peel, misaligned panels, or roof seals that are delaminating.

FTR, I took delivery of my car with flaws and couldn’t be happier.

Did anyone get any sort of receipt or paperwork from Tesla when they picked up their car? Just wondering if I need some kind of evidence that I got the car before the end of the year to be able to claim the state and federal tax credits..

You should receive a fully executed copy of your MVPA by email in a week or two. If you don’t you will need to follow up with them. This is the document you will need if you are audited by the IRS. You do not need to submit it with your tax return though. Just keep it on file if they ask for it.

• Informative
Reactions: davider
Hi Y'all. Well, I'm almost 60 years old and I'm about to buy my FIRST CAR. Can you beleive it? Of course I drive my wife's car now and then and on my work days I drive.... a fire engine. Go figure. I live close enough and have been enough of a bike geek ( as in bicycle, not motorcycle) to bike to work. I'm about to plonk down my little private stash I have built up over 28 years of working and buy a Model 3 Performance. (No honey, it's not your money and I can buy whatever I want). I just loved the damned thing on my one and only test drive. After watching 50 hours of youTube videos and reading countless comments/arguments/debates online I have decided to take the plunge. There's plenty of what-to-do-before-you-get-your-Model 3 advice but feel free to jump on my *sugar* and tell me baby! I can't wait! Cheers, Bill in San Francisco.

Hi Y'all. Well, I'm almost 60 years old and I'm about to buy my FIRST CAR. Can you beleive it? Of course I drive my wife's car now and then and on my work days I drive.... a fire engine. Go figure. I live close enough and have been enough of a bike geek ( as in bicycle, not motorcycle) to bike to work. I'm about to plonk down my little private stash I have built up over 28 years of working and buy a Model 3 Performance. (No honey, it's not your money and I can buy whatever I want). I just loved the damned thing on my one and only test drive. After watching 50 hours of youTube videos and reading countless comments/arguments/debates online I have decided to take the plunge. There's plenty of what-to-do-before-you-get-your-Model 3 advice but feel free to jump on my *sugar* and tell me baby! I can't wait! Cheers, Bill in San Francisco.

Go for it Bill! The Model 3 will be a bit smaller than the fire truck but I bet more fun to drive and maneuver better. And usually one test drive sells the car so not surprised at your comment. So did you pick fire engine red? LOL.

• Funny
Reactions: davider
Dec 21: Ordered a P3D+ at 11:08 AM.
Dec 24: Received a text with a tentative schedule delivery appt on Dec 30 4:00 PM.
Dec 25: VIN assigned.
Dec 25: Tesla insurance quoted me at $90.63 per month. I'll take that.
Dec 30: Tomorrow, I will be picking up the car in Carlsbad, California.

Hope everything will be smooth tomorrow. My very first EV/Tesla. Trading in my BMW M2 for this. Never even test drive a Model 3 before. Hope it's worth it. :)

Dec 21: Ordered a P3D+ at 11:08 AM.
Dec 24: Received a text with a tentative schedule delivery appt on Dec 30 4:00 PM.
Dec 25: VIN assigned.
Dec 25: Tesla insurance quoted me at $90.63 per month. I'll take that.
Dec 30: Tomorrow, I will be picking up the car in Carlsbad, California.

Hope everything will be smooth tomorrow. My very first EV/Tesla. Trading in my BMW M2 for this. Never even test drive a Model 3 before. Hope it's worth it. :)
I didn’t test drive a Model 3 either before buying. Yes, it’s worth it. :D

Entitlement is expecting to get a mass produced car with no flaws and a perfect delivery experience because you paid $40-70k

Prior to purchasing the Model 3, my experience was based on purchasing 4 BMWs, ranging in price from $33k-$80k, over a 22 year period...my expectations around flaws and delivery experience were based on that. And relative to BMW, they fell well short of hitting the mark at the time of delivery.

That said, they're working to make it right.