Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe CA has too many 3s right now so we have to wait. :confused:
It seems CA buyers get the bottom of the bucket.

Seems top priority at beginning of quarter is build all the international orders and get them on boats. Next start putting cars on trains heading East/North/South.

At the very end of the Q, put cars on trucks and slowing pull whatever is left over for CA quick deliveries.

Kind of a different delivery schedule than I have seen.

It seems CA buyers get the bottom of the bucket.

Seems top priority at beginning of quarter is build all the international orders and get them on boats. Next start putting cars on trains heading East/North/South.

At the very end of the Q, put cars on trucks and slowing pull whatever is left over for CA quick deliveries.

Kind of a different delivery schedule than I have seen.

that seems be the working theory around here and makes the most sense.

Funny how I usually have no issue waiting for things given how busy my schedule tends to be.... but this... for whatever reason... is taking up a lot of real estate in the front of my mind and hard to ignore!

that seems be the working theory around here and makes the most sense.

Funny how I usually have no issue waiting for things given how busy my schedule tends to be.... but this... for whatever reason... is taking up a lot of real estate in the front of my mind and hard to ignore!

It’s not a theory. Elon pretty much said so in a recent podcast. Someone posted the link to it already. Don’t remember where the post was but it’s this podcast... jump to 3:06:50

Last edited:
I ordered a P3D January 31st. I received a phone call 2 days later and have received a text update each week since then. I am happy with the communication. Still no VIN and no estimated delivery date but it sounds like it will be late March.

I ordered my Model 3 Performance on 1/18, and other than an email from my SA predicting a March delivery, I've received no communications whatsoever from Tesla, despite allowing all modes of contact :(.

I ordered by Model 3 Performance on 1/22, black/black. The car was built on 1/27 and I picked up my car on 2/14. My SA was terrific and kept me updated on the entire process.
I ordered a Blue/black interior M3P on 1/17. Still no vin. Spoke with Cherry Hill, NJ SA and was told it’s about 3-5 weeks.

I doubt you will get it end of the month. i would say early March. They should be done with east coast orders by early march.

I ordered my Model 3 Performance on 1/18, and other than an email from my SA predicting a March delivery, I've received no communications whatsoever from Tesla, despite allowing all modes of contact :(.

I do not feel it matters much when you ordered, just so long as you order before Tesla builds cars for your region/trim. I mean yeah, maybe you get yours first cause you got white which they sell more but I suspect the 10 day difference between when you and I ordered won't amount to much. Heh, at least you got an email from a SA. Since I ordered online, I didn't hear from a SA until I asked one to be mine :) LOL!

• Funny
Reactions: en_passant
I do not feel it matters much when you ordered, just so long as you order before Tesla builds cars for your region/trim. I mean yeah, maybe you get yours first cause you got white which they sell more but I suspect the 10 day difference between when you and I ordered won't amount to much. Heh, at least you got an email from a SA. Since I ordered online, I didn't hear from a SA until I asked one to be mine :) LOL!
I don't have an SA at all. I call Marina Del Rey (pick up spot) if I want to remind Tesla I'm still alive with a driver license. I bought the car from a kid in the almost abandoned Del Amo Mall. I stopped by there again and he had some dope new trap music, but no new car info. His boss told me March 4 but it sounded like a guess.

• Funny
Reactions: IDRVSLO