Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
COVID-19 or not, received an automated text confirming my delivery for tomorrow at 6PM at a local delivery center. Not doing any trade-in, final payment is submitted, insurance is taken care of, so I imagine that it's going to a really quick visit. No idea what the actual "delivery" experience is like, but I imagine we won't be getting the normal treatment.

COVID-19 or not, received an automated text confirming my delivery for tomorrow at 6PM at a local delivery center. Not doing any trade-in, final payment is submitted, insurance is taken care of, so I imagine that it's going to a really quick visit. No idea what the actual "delivery" experience is like, but I imagine we won't be getting the normal treatment.

Its nothing too spectacular. You sit in a room, check in, sign paperwork. Then have the option for the orientation if you don't know about your Vehicle. That's it.

Gents,
Been watching this thread since I placed an order Feb 7th.

Did not fully understand the online process as I had a trade in I wanted to offer. I did not like the offer Tesla gave me so I delayed a few days in completing the steps online (ended up going to Carvana as they gave me $4,000 more than Tesla or Carmax).

Got Welcome text at Feb 7
Feb 15th got a text stating I need to complete delivery location, registration, blah blah.
Feb 24 - 4 to 6 week text
March 9 - 2 to 3 week text

nothing since.

Black/Black Model 3 Performance with all the bells and whistles offered for the car (performance upgrade with 20 inch rims, full FSD, etc etc).

Im in Los Angeles.

I was assigned David Sacci who introduced me to some lady (Aidee Ramirez) who was going to help me with my trade in, ask questions, etc. I think she was supposed to be the service advisor? David was the financial guy. never heard from her AT ALL. One time David went on vacation so was forwarded to a catch all email address, to which a Nadezh Callueng wa on. told me I would be followed up on ---crickets.....

I reached out to them a few times over the week trying to get some heads up on status, but nothing. Called burbank center and they of course don't know anything since there is no vin.

This entire process has given me the bubble guts, anxiety ("am i going to get me car?" "am I going to hear back from someone?" etc..). The lack of communication has been fascinating! No one cares to even respond back to an email request from me. I mean just acknowledge you see my email, even if you can't offer any help.

On the account page I am confident my order is in because I've had all steps completed for weeks and the account page is asking me to order solar panels , etc. in essence im at the "were drafting up your contract..." page.

Despite all of this, I remain confident I will get my car within the next 2 weeks. Again I have watched this thread for weeks and have seen a couple of cats (@ofcorona has been quite vocal and i'm happy to see he finally got his ride here in LA) and even the cat in las vegas who said he was standing down and canceling his order (I think we had almost the same build), so it has been an roller coaster of a ride.

still no "vin in source". i have one part in the source code at has "5y" in it. sometimes i've seen that appear in another place at random times but it was never an actual vin, just some site code.

=====

that's my rant, now a questions:

do the service centers have in-stock items that you can find on the tesla shop page? I have a lot of things in the "Cart" on the tesla shop page (floor mats, roof shades, etc) , but if I can pick most/some of these up on the day I will.

and is it too late to use a referral code?

Appreciate the space to rant/vent.

Reactions: Dougiefreshlv
I need to get a bank check to buy the car.

Should I have the amount drawn that is indicated in the web page or

wait, because on my manage page it says :

Next Steps

We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.

….

So wait for the contract ?

Its nothing too spectacular. You sit in a room, check in, sign paperwork. Then have the option for the orientation if you don't know about your Vehicle. That's it.

It'll be super quick for us then. Inspect, sign final contract, and away we go.

Did your car have the front license plate bracket installed? I really don't want it.

I was assigned David Sacci who introduced me to some lady (Aidee Ramirez) who was going to help me with my trade in, ask questions, etc. I think she was supposed to be the service advisor? David was the financial guy. never heard from her AT ALL. One time David went on vacation so was forwarded to a catch all email address, to which a Nadezh Callueng wa on. told me I would be followed up on ---crickets.....

I reached out to them a few times over the week trying to get some heads up on status, but nothing. Called burbank center and they of course don't know anything since there is no vin.

This entire process has given me the bubble guts, anxiety ("am i going to get me car?" "am I going to hear back from someone?" etc..). The lack of communication has been fascinating! No one cares to even respond back to an email request from me. I mean just acknowledge you see my email, even if you can't offer any help.

If it makes you feel any better, I've never even spoken to anyone at Tesla other than the delivery center calling to tell me they're pushing back my delivery by 2 days. I think your experience really just depends on if your sale originated in a store (rather than online) and/or who you're assigned to.

Gents,
Been watching this thread since I placed an order Feb 7th.

Did not fully understand the online process as I had a trade in I wanted to offer. I did not like the offer Tesla gave me so I delayed a few days in completing the steps online (ended up going to Carvana as they gave me $4,000 more than Tesla or Carmax).

Got Welcome text at Feb 7
Feb 15th got a text stating I need to complete delivery location, registration, blah blah.
Feb 24 - 4 to 6 week text
March 9 - 2 to 3 week text

nothing since.

Black/Black Model 3 Performance with all the bells and whistles offered for the car (performance upgrade with 20 inch rims, full FSD, etc etc).

Im in Los Angeles.

On the account page I am confident my order is in because I've had all steps completed for weeks and the account page is asking me to order solar panels , etc. in essence im at the "were drafting up your contract..." page.

Despite all of this, I remain confident I will get my car within the next 2 weeks. Again I have watched this thread for weeks and have seen a couple of cats (@ofcorona has been quite vocal and i'm happy to see he finally got his ride here in LA) and even the cat in las vegas who said he was standing down and canceling his order (I think we had almost the same build), so it has been an roller coaster of a ride.

still no "vin in source". i have one part in the source code at has "5y" in it. sometimes i've seen that appear in another place at random times but it was never an actual vin, just some site code.

=====

that's my rant, now a questions:

do the service centers have in-stock items that you can find on the tesla shop page? I have a lot of things in the "Cart" on the tesla shop page (floor mats, roof shades, etc) , but if I can pick most/some of these up on the day I will.

and is it too late to use a referral code?

Appreciate the space to rant/vent.

Thanks man for the shout out!

No its not too late for the referral code. I added mine a day before my delivery. I think it need to be entered before you take delivery. The DC do have items to purchase, but I am not sure everything. I think just give a call to a DC and ask what items are in stock.

For your VIN, you are just in the dark. We are the last areas to get vehicles and I was lucky enough my config was batched early. You will get your vehicle before April. When I was at the DC, there were so many vehicles to be picked up so they are slammed. Tesla can build you car and be at the DC the next day so if it March 30th, you can get it on March 31st technically speaking. I know the DC needs a day to set your delivery up so really it not that realistic but rather quick than East Coast folks.

I need to get a bank check to buy the car.

Should I have the amount drawn that is indicated in the web page or

wait, because on my manage page it says :

Next Steps

We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.

….

So wait for the contract ?

I think the bank is going to need a MVPA to give you the check. * Sorry if I am incorrect.*

Has anyone that's taken delivery in California recently know how they handle the front license plate bracket?
None of the Model 3s come with the front license plate bracket installed. Its in the trunk and is a peel and stick install at the DC. So if you're in a state the doesn't require a front plate they don't install it. Here in Virginia, we're supposed to have a front plate, but police cant stop you just for that. So my DC gave me option if they should install it or not.