Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received a call from Tesla. I was scheduled to pick up my car tomorrow morning. I guess my car hasn't even left the factory. They said due to the Coronavirus they are behind on shipping cars out. This could just be an excuse for the delay. They scheduled my new pickup for Saturday but they said they have no clue when it will be here. All my dreams seem to crash and burn today. Its been a very long wait (12 weeks on Wednesday). I signed my loan documents and got my insurance squared away. Less than an hour latter this phone call came in. :(

I just received a call from Tesla. I was scheduled to pick up my car tomorrow morning. I guess my car hasn't even left the factory. They said due to the Coronavirus they are behind on shipping cars out. This could just be an excuse for the delay. They scheduled my new pickup for Saturday but they said they have no clue when it will be here. All my dreams seem to crash and burn today. Its been a very long wait (12 weeks on Wednesday). I signed my loan documents and got my insurance squared away. Less than an hour latter this phone call came in. :(

Ouch, I'm sure that's very disappointing. :( Good luck!

Check the version of your chips

At least you have your vin and you know its coming. people like myself dont even have a vin, so from my vantage point you are in a good spot.

Reactions: karmamule
Just talked to our SA. Our car is in Alabama (at the east coast hub-?) getting loaded on a truck bound for Raleigh. Our delivery is still scheduled for this Saturday 3/21. SA says the car should arrive by the 19th, but could arrive early and we may be able to take delivery early. I can't imagine Alabama to NC taking more than a day depending on when it gets loaded. Getting close now though! Woohoo.

COVID-19 or not, received an automated text confirming my delivery for tomorrow at 6PM at a local delivery center. Not doing any trade-in, final payment is submitted, insurance is taken care of, so I imagine that it's going to a really quick visit. No idea what the actual "delivery" experience is like, but I imagine we won't be getting the normal treatment.

And the delivery center just called me telling me they have no idea where the car is, nor when it will arrive, and they pushed out my delivery to March 21st (which was just a stab in the dark). This is the second delay, and I really wish I didn't submit final payment in advance.

• Informative
Reactions: lUtriaNt
Just talked to our SA. Our car is in Alabama (at the east coast hub-?) getting loaded on a truck bound for Raleigh. Our delivery is still scheduled for this Saturday 3/21. SA says the car should arrive by the 19th, but could arrive early and we may be able to take delivery early. I can't imagine Alabama to NC taking more than a day depending on when it gets loaded. Getting close now though! Woohoo.

Similar story for me. Called SC in Orlando and they said vehicle was at Birmingham hub and would arrive on 3/20. Currently scheduled for 3/21 delivery in Orlando. Hoping it gets loaded sooner than later and gets here earlier considering the potential for COVID-19 delays.

Similar story for me. Called SC in Orlando and they said vehicle was at Birmingham hub and would arrive on 3/20. Currently scheduled for 3/21 delivery in Orlando. Hoping it gets loaded sooner than later and gets here earlier considering the potential for COVID-19 delays.

Yea, I think ours might be on the same truck. I'm in Miami and received the delivery text and earliest pickup was the 27th of March. However, it's supposed to arrive on the 24th to my SC. So I'm hoping I can pickup sooner.

Took delivery of our White / White P3D+ yesterday - on Monday. Vin was in source code Sat the 14th, Received delivery text on Sunday the 15th, scheduled for Tuesday @ 5pm at the SF Van Ness Tesla. Tesla called back and said they had opening on Monday the 16th. Called this morning when they opened @ 10am and scheduled same day appointment for 4:30pm. Orientation took longer than expected as Tesla's system was having all sorts of errors so we ended up waiting an extra 30 mins to sort them out. The system sent multiple emails saying to pay when we had paid, the e-signature didn't work right, and we still don't have our second account synced to the car. They don't get in your vehicle or touch certain things due to the virus currently, but this wasn't an issue for us, as the 2 months we waited left us too much time to study countless Youtube videos covering every aspect.

Good thing about this virus? Streets are completely empty in the evening, leaving too many opportunities to try some good launches. As a rollercoaster buff, I have to say - I've never owned anything that is so much fun. We thought our i3 could haul, but my goodness - the Tesla is on a completely different level. This car though, is light years ahead of any other car manufacture on the market. So many convenience features missing on cars at much higher prices. Ridiculous. Our only caveat is the i3s turning radius and overall small size.

Original order date 1/13/2020.

Took delivery of our White / White P3D+ yesterday - on Monday. Vin was in source code Sat the 14th, Received delivery text on Sunday the 15th, scheduled for Tuesday @ 5pm at the SF Van Ness Tesla. Tesla called back and said they had opening on Monday the 16th. Called this morning when they opened @ 10am and scheduled same day appointment for 4:30pm. Orientation took longer than expected as Tesla's system was having all sorts of errors so we ended up waiting an extra 30 mins to sort them out. The system sent multiple emails saying to pay when we had paid, the e-signature didn't work right, and we still don't have our second account synced to the car. They don't get in your vehicle or touch certain things due to the virus currently, but this wasn't an issue for us, as the 2 months we waited left us too much time to study countless Youtube videos covering every aspect.

Good thing about this virus? Streets are completely empty in the evening, leaving too many opportunities to try some good launches. As a rollercoaster buff, I have to say - I've never owned anything that is so much fun. We thought our i3 could haul, but my goodness - the Tesla is on a completely different level. This car though, is light years ahead of any other car manufacture on the market. So many convenience features missing on cars at much higher prices. Ridiculous. Our only caveat is the i3s turning radius and overall small size.

Original order date 1/13/2020.
'

Awesome, Congrats! That acceleration from the P3D is top notch!

Reactions: lUtriaNt
I'm waiting on a FSD M3 Performance in the UK.

I see the Glovis Captain landed at Zebrugee yesterday - any ideas how long it might take for my car to be delivered from this point? I spoke to Customer Services and they told me my VIN was allocated and which ship my car was on.

Getting excited!
Alex

My collection appointment is booked on the 26th, so not too long to wait. I'm still half expecting further delays due to staff shortages due to Covid 19

Hopefully mine is on the same truck. My delivery dates choices were 3/25-3/27. It would be nice to pick it up this week from Wilmington.