Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance y vins are here!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my VIN for the MYP, Blue, with a hitch. I looked in my documents and I do not see where they say a year of free supercharging is included? I also don't see any references to being able to decline to accept a vehicle after an inspection at delivery. I'm in Alaska and my delivery is not at a store - I basically pick it up from the shipper - so these things concern me a little more. I will see if there is a way to respond to the new person that Tesla has signing my paperwork, but wondered if anyone else can help.

I just posted in the following forum, take a look.. I didn't go home with the car, had alignment issues I wasn't willing to accept so its going to be reviewed by service however, the SA didn't think they would re-hang doors so if that is the case I'll reject the car and wait for another one.

2021 MYP Waiting Room

Good luck, hope your delivery was better than mine.

My Tesla experience is quickly turning south after speaking with my SA yesterday. Essentially the original car was re-inspected and passed their specs however, they did address a few of my issues (we didn't get into which ones those were).

He gave me a few options, one being to reject the original car and to be switch to a matching vin at the same delivery center, the only difference between my order and that car was it didn't have the TOW package but if I wanted a car before Christmas than that was my best bet. Worst case, I reject that one to and be placed back in the Tesla pool.

I wasn't thrill not getting the Tow but didn't think it was a complete deal breaker because I could always install one later. So I agreed and scheduled a delivery appointment for today (12/22). Fast forward, due to the VIN re-assignment they are now charging me todays price for FSD and will not honor the $8k price from when I originally ordered. Their stance is that they delivered me an inspec car, by rejecting the car I'm liable for any price increase.

My SA was as shocked telling me as I was hearing it, so I don't really put complete blame on him because I'm sure he has done this same thing 100 times without this being an issue. So, this maybe a BRAND NEW thing Tesla is enforcing.

So at this point Tesla will make $100 from me and lose out on over $70k.

Sucks, because I still and DO think this is an amazing car!

Good luck, hope your delivery was better than mine.

My Tesla experience is quickly turning south after speaking with my SA yesterday. Essentially the original car was re-inspected and passed their specs however, they did address a few of my issues (we didn't get into which ones those were).

He gave me a few options, one being to reject the original car and to be switch to a matching vin at the same delivery center, the only difference between my order and that car was it didn't have the TOW package but if I wanted a car before Christmas than that was my best bet. Worst case, I reject that one to and be placed back in the Tesla pool.

I wasn't thrill not getting the Tow but didn't think it was a complete deal breaker because I could always install one later. So I agreed and scheduled a delivery appointment for today (12/22). Fast forward, due to the VIN re-assignment they are now charging me todays price for FSD and will not honor the $8k price from when I originally ordered. Their stance is that they delivered me an inspec car, by rejecting the car I'm liable for any price increase.

My SA was as shocked telling me as I was hearing it, so I don't really put complete blame on him because I'm sure he has done this same thing 100 times without this being an issue. So, this maybe a BRAND NEW thing Tesla is enforcing.

So at this point Tesla will make $100 from me and lose out on over $70k.

Sucks, because I still and DO think this is an amazing car!

I took delivery today. Mine had all the issues you found, all of them. The paint job really is crap and the car seem to had been abused even though the odometer showed only 12 miles. They even managed to scratch up the hitch cover. It appeared someone tried to ply it open with a sharp object and slipped. The driver side rear door had the same exact issue you described. I literally started to laugh and asked the SA to note it down. Yes, the mirror. I am not tall and it is barely usable for me. Mine was built the same day, 12/5. I think this whole batch are similarly messed up. The car seems to be mechanically sound and drives fine though. I was actually expecting much worse. It really is not acceptable for such an expensive car. We need more competent competitors in the EV market.

The car is currently in the shop getting PPF.

Attachments

• 630456067_20201223_174119.jpg
    630456067_20201223_174119.jpg
    364.3 KB · Views: 59