Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PG&E Medical Baseline Program and NEM 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

There haven't been recent topics/threads about this, so I'm wondering if anyone knows if being enrolled in PG&E's Medical Baseline program (for discounts) will impact your NEM 2.0 status? I have been in NEM 2.0 for a couple of years now (with the E-TOU-D rate plan), and qualify for the medical baseline program but am hesitant of messing up anything already in place by signing up for the discount.

Anyone have recent experience you can share re: the PGE Medical Baseline discount and NEM2.0/E-TOU-D?

"Medical Baseline customers on the Electric Home (E-ELEC) and E-TOU-D rates may be eligible to receive a 12% discount (D-MEDICAL) on their electric charges. For more information, go to the Applicability section of the D-MEDICAL Tariff (PDF)."

Thanks!

If you have already done the Rate Plan Comparison on the PG&E site and E-TOU-D is actually the cheapest plan for you, then I can't see any downside to applying for D-Medical. It's a straight discount on the total bundled charges. If you are on a CCA, then the discount will be applied to the PG&E portion of the charges, and not the Generation Charges billed by your CCA.

• Informative
Reactions: karkrazy
If you have already done the Rate Plan Comparison on the PG&E site and E-TOU-D is actually the cheapest plan for you, then I can't see any downside to applying for D-Medical. It's a straight discount on the total bundled charges. If you are on a CCA, then the discount will be applied to the PG&E portion of the charges, and not the Generation Charges billed by your CCA.
Thank you! Was just a little worried about anything impacting the NEM2.0 grandfathered status.

Appreciate your input :)