Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PGE EV-A rate slashed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys, may I ask a PG&E question thats slightly off topic?

We're building a new house not far from the house we live in now. That new house is bigger, but has some issues with solar generation because of trees and style of the roof. Our existing house has just about optimum conditions for solar and has 36 panels on it, all pretty old (15+ yrs) 150W panels and a 5KW string inverter, but its plenty for the use here. We plan to rent out the old house.

I was wondering if it would be possible to put both houses on the "same" PG&E account, so that if the old house generated a much higher than needed output, it would count against the new house's power consumption. I'm not trying to get PG&E to pay me for more than I use, just that I would upgrade the old house's system and more than double output and have that offset the new house's consumption.

Is there a way to have that happen with PG&E? I can't find an obvious answer.

thanks
mike

Guys, may I ask a PG&E question thats slightly off topic?

We're building a new house not far from the house we live in now. That new house is bigger, but has some issues with solar generation because of trees and style of the roof. Our existing house has just about optimum conditions for solar and has 36 panels on it, all pretty old (15+ yrs) 150W panels and a 5KW string inverter, but its plenty for the use here. We plan to rent out the old house.

I was wondering if it would be possible to put both houses on the "same" PG&E account, so that if the old house generated a much higher than needed output, it would count against the new house's power consumption. I'm not trying to get PG&E to pay me for more than I use, just that I would upgrade the old house's system and more than double output and have that offset the new house's consumption.

Is there a way to have that happen with PG&E? I can't find an obvious answer.

thanks
mike
What you want to do is called Net Meter Aggregation. It is a thing with PG&E, but it requires that the meters be on properties that are adjacent and under common ownership. For example, if you had a house and a guest house on the same property with separate meters, you could use Net Meter Aggregation to assign some of the solar generation on one meter to the other one. Or if you own a large property and sub-divide it and build a house on the one parcel to rent out, you could do it there too.

https://www.pge.com/pge_global/comm...tering-overview/nem-aggregation/NEM2A-FAQ.pdf

Hm. 2018 Uconnect module really seems to have been less reliable than 17 in general. In many ways '18 seems to be more of a "first year model' than 17 :) BTW i owned a house in PH area for 10 years before moving to mid bay ten years ago
I agree, but it is a whole new version, so that's why it has the Android Auto/Carplay support. But I agree, the van itself is still a work in progress.

We do like it here in PH! I was staying at a hotel in Dallas last year and the lady checking me in saw my license and said "Hey I was born in PH in the 60's". Small world

Reactions: dlieu