Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phantom Drain Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my car was parked outside for a week. Outside temperature was about 70-85 degrees (mostly sunny). during that time, the range decreased from 102 miles to 61 miles. Is that normal phantom drain, or does it mean that the car was actively trying to condition the battery?

It also appears that the display that shows kWh since last charge does not take into account phantom drain. So the kWh usage displayed in the car is kind of misleading, as it only takes into account kWh while driving, and does not take into account significant energy lost while parked.

So my car was parked outside for a week. Outside temperature was about 70-85 degrees (mostly sunny). during that time, the range decreased from 102 miles to 61 miles. Is that normal phantom drain, or does it mean that the car was actively trying to condition the battery?

It also appears that the display that shows kWh since last charge does not take into account phantom drain. So the kWh usage displayed in the car is kind of misleading, as it only takes into account kWh while driving, and does not take into account significant energy lost while parked.

That seems a little high for range loss. I parked mine for 6 days and lost 24 miles. Mine was in a garage at about 45-55 degrees.

I will add that mine started at 248 and dropped to 224 so not sure if that makes a difference.

• Informative
Reactions: Dre78 and gavine