Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What does the warning message of "Coolant: Not Ready for Fill/Drain" mean?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, there

I recently turned on the Tesla Service mode, and notice there are two warning messages in my Tesla Model Y 2023:

Coolant: Not Ready for Fill/Drain
Refrigerant: Not Ready for Fill/Drain

Does anyone here knows what these two warning messages mean? Cannot find any details on the Internet.

The problem my car has now is that it drops about 15~20 miles every night, even I turn off the Sentry mode, turn off overheat protection and the outside temperature about 70~80 degrees.

Not sure these two warnings messages here are related.

Thanks
David

20231006_224643.jpg

Playing devil’s advocate here: “How did you get into Service mode, and why are you in Service mode in the first place?”

It’s not meant for owners to be in there to begin with. And instructions to get into service mode are not in the usual owners manuals. Much less instructions on how to use service mode. You’ll find early Tesla forum members were reluctant to share how to get into service mode just because it’s not for the casual beginner.

Some Tesla service advisors will play along, but if they get the hint that you don’t know what you’re doing or what you’re looking at, why are you there in service mode in the first place?

Upvote 0
Playing devil’s advocate here: “How did you get into Service mode, and why are you in Service mode in the first place?”

It’s not meant for owners to be in there to begin with. And instructions to get into service mode are not in the usual owners manuals. Much less instructions on how to use service mode. You’ll find early Tesla forum members were reluctant to share how to get into service mode just because it’s not for the casual beginner.

Some Tesla service advisors will play along, but if they get the hint that you don’t know what you’re doing or what you’re looking at, why are you there in service mode in the first place?
Rediculous. ICE age vehicle manuals don't tell you that you can buy a service manual, yet people do. It is well publicized about Tesls service mode. Tesla even provides you a free subscription to a service manual. You can pay to get the toolbox. To suggest Tesla will scold you is just FUD.

Upvote 0