Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phoenix detailing/wraps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious but why is sharing that information here (instead of PM) frowned upon? Is it the same reason every single Tinting/PPF site shares no pricing information? I find that a bit frustrating because I don't know why they don't. It's 2021 and the fact that I need to call or email to get a price list is a bit archaic, no?

Gyms used to do that too and I never understood the logic behind it.

Is it like when restaurants put "Market Price" on menu items? :D

I'm curious but why is sharing that information here (instead of PM) frowned upon? Is it the same reason every single Tinting/PPF site shares no pricing information? I find that a bit frustrating because I don't know why they don't. It's 2021 and the fact that I need to call or email to get a price list is a bit archaic, no?

Gyms used to do that too and I never understood the logic behind it.

Is it like when restaurants put "Market Price" on menu items? :D

For me, its a personal choice. My quick top 3 points of reason:
  • Once it is on the forums, it is there essentially forever
  • A year from now, someone is going to see that price and expect the same price when they call/ go to that shop. Prices increase over time, and that is not fair to both the consumer or the business. Costs may also decrease over time, so putting something out there that is somewhat out of date could put someone off from purchasing form that business.
  • The service offerings may change over time, so again it about the expectations mentioned in the bullet above
From the forum policies, I do not believe it exists and the point is to share information IMO. Personally, I don't think it is fair to the consumer and business to share pricing publicly. I have owned many businesses (different industries) and I seemed to have less haggling when my prices where not posted vs available online as well as more leads as people were inquiring. That allowed us to sell our value and connect to a potential buyer directly.

BTW, I did find a few shops that had pricing on their site, but you are correct in that it is not typical. Usually they do not share pricing as a sales tactic or sometimes simply they do not want to manage an online price list frequently due to cost fluidity.

I know one shop try to sell me hard on their value with 3-4 follow up text messages after I requested pricing. Every shop is different in their approach.

Reactions: Glen959
Oh man….this post is what I needed. Just ordered my MYP, 2 days ago and looking to drop it off, immediately upon pickup. Been considering HQD, but also wanting to get info on other shops in town. Hell, since I’ll be picking up at the new SC in Glendale, I’m concerned about getting nicks during the drive over! Lol. @theluckeys: can you PM what you paid as well? I’m looking to get the same package. What is “stealth PPF”? Also, did they put the ceramic coating on top of the PPF? And lastly, I’m really concerned about the tint matching EXACTLY. I don’t want color differences from front to back, or over time. Thanks in advance for the info.

Reactions: theluckeys
Oh man….this post is what I needed. Just ordered my MYP, 2 days ago and looking to drop it off, immediately upon pickup. Been considering HQD, but also wanting to get info on other shops in town. Hell, since I’ll be picking up at the new SC in Glendale, I’m concerned about getting nicks during the drive over! Lol. @theluckeys: can you PM what you paid as well? I’m looking to get the same package. What is “stealth PPF”? Also, did they put the ceramic coating on top of the PPF? And lastly, I’m really concerned about the tint matching EXACTLY. I don’t want color differences from front to back, or over time. Thanks in advance for the info.

Sure, I can send you the info.

As to the other questions:

What is “stealth PPF”?

PPF = Paint Protection Film. Stealth is basically a smoke matte film instead of the clear PPF

Also, did they put the ceramic coating on top of the PPF?

Yes, they place the ceramic over the PPF

And lastly, I’m really concerned about the tint matching EXACTLY. I don’t want color differences from front to back, or over time

My tint matches perfectly

Reactions: Phreddieruxpin
Yes, they place the ceramic over the PPF
Aren't there now some films that are supposed to include a ceramic top layer similar to a ceramic coat over the PPF? I was reading various websites the other day and I think that the Llumar brand (which is perhaps the same as Suntek??) is supposed to have this feature. Sorry if I got this wrong, and any explanation or opinion is welcome.

Aren't there now some films that are supposed to include a ceramic top layer similar to a ceramic coat over the PPF? I was reading various websites the other day and I think that the Llumar brand (which is perhaps the same as Suntek??) is supposed to have this feature. Sorry if I got this wrong, and any explanation or opinion is welcome.

I do know of a few brands that have a ceramic coating already on them. Not sure on longevity or if one is better than the other. In my experience, usually all-in-one products do not go so well for me, but that is me, lol.

From my research I really liked the XPEL PPF and reviews 5-10 years after application. And the ceramic to me was a must for ease of cleaning and additional protection. I am definitely not the expert and would inquire with the shops on their opinion.

Update on the full stealth PPF, 20% Ceramic tint, Ceramic coating, and front windshield tint for MY.

The shop I used, Hyer Quality, did a really good job. So far, their customer service is above and beyond. I have to go back in two weeks for touch ups, a car wash, and info on how to wash the car.

Attached are a few pics.

Now that we have the car for more than 15 mins since picking it up, it is amazing. If ou are still waiting for yours, it is completely worth it. Stay the course or purchase an inventory car if you can.

We purchased the TSportline Ty115 20" Wheels and Tires. They should be here in the next week or so. I will update pics once they are on.
Can you send me PM a well?
Thank you

This is a really helpful thread. Thanks for starting this.

I am about to take delivery of MY so I started reaching out to installers and here is what I have found so far. (Also, I am not aware of all the nuances of wrapping, PPF, ClearBra, and what not)

XPEL Ceramic Tinting Levels

View attachment 691948

Found AZ Auto Aesthetics (https://wedetailaz.com/) through the XPEL site

They need the car for overnight at least

For PPF - XPEL Ultimate Plus with 10 years warranty

Most Common
Front Bumper, Headlights, Fog Lights, 1/3 Hood & Fender, Mirror Caps
$800
Full Front
Front Bumper, Headlights, Fog Lights, Full Hood & Fender, Mirror Caps
$1600
XPEL Ceramic Tinting for all 7 windows
Heat rejection 87% and 99% UV and Common Darkness is 20%
$699
Ceramic Coating (fine labs)$1099
Full package savings- $200

Dynamic Tint - 480.848.6147

They need the car for 3 days

For PPF - XPEL Ultimate Plus with 10 years warranty (8mm thickness)

Most Common
Front Bumper, Headlights, Fog Lights, 1/3 Hood & Fender
$950
Full Front
Front Bumper, Headlights, Fog Lights, Full Hood & Fender, Mirror Caps
$1800
XPEL Ceramic Tinting for all 7 windows
Heat rejection 87% and 99% UV and Common Darkness is 20%
$500 (XR - HR - 88%)
$700 (XR+ - HR - 98%)
XPEL Ceramic Coating$1350
Door Edges wraping$200
Full package savings- $ 200
Thanks so much! I am going with Dynamic tint. I believe I am doing the Full front. Some people also state to do the "rockers". I have no idea what that is.. As far as tinting.. I'm not sure if I need 98 or if 87 would be adequate? If I do both PPF and tinting at the same time do they give a discount of 200? When I called they did not mention that. I feel like I have been researching this forever and just want to do what is the best for my MY.

Update on the full stealth PPF, 20% Ceramic tint, Ceramic coating, and front windshield tint for MY.

The shop I used, Hyer Quality, did a really good job. So far, their customer service is above and beyond. I have to go back in two weeks for touch ups, a car wash, and info on how to wash the car.

Attached are a few pics.

Now that we have the car for more than 15 mins since picking it up, it is amazing. If ou are still waiting for yours, it is completely worth it. Stay the course or purchase an inventory car if you can.

We purchased the TSportline Ty115 20" Wheels and Tires. They should be here in the next week or so. I will update pics once they are on.
Can I bug you for a PM as well :)

Attached are a few pics.

Looks really good ! How has it held up after 2yrs of AZ weather. Also if you don't mind, could you pm the price.

Wanted to start a thread specific to the Phoenix area with discussions about local installers and to share experiences, advice and of course - pictures.

We are going to color change our Model Y with 3M matte metallic blue and currently getting quotes from around the Valley.
Dynamic Tint owner Tyler in Tempe Az is fantastic to work with on all wraps and tints.

Looks really good ! How has it held up after 2yrs of AZ weather. Also if you don't mind, could you pm the price.
Just to stir the pot, :) I'll mention that I had a good experience with Ceramic Pro Tempe in November 2021 when my car was new. I had a full wrap of Kavaca gloss PPF on my blue MYLR, just after a good friend of mine had a full wrap of matte PPF on his red M3P.

Some people do this because they want to baby their brand new car, so they get the PPF and are super careful about frequent washing, detailing and garage storage. I chose to do it because I don't actually have a garage or a paved drive (despite having many vintage cars in various states of restoration), and I didn't want my Tesla to become old before its time, in the Tucson sun and gritty dust. All the more so because the current Tesla paint doesn't have the best reputation for quality and hardness.

So I'm very happy that the PPF has kept the car looking good with basically only a soap spray and rinse every week or two at one of the DIY car wash places. I've avoided the rotating-brush automatic washes and and the touchless automatic washes that can have harsh-pH sprays attack the black trim. The PPF makes it easy to get a decent result with minimal attention, it attenuates the UV fading of the sun. The simple spray-and-rinse regimen isn't perfect; you do get little tiny sticky flecks of stuff that you can feel clinging to the surface if you run your hand over it while it's wet. Those come off the PPF readily if you work a little harder, but I usually don't bother.

One time I accidentally ran through some paint that must have just fallen off a truck- it was nasty but pretty much came off tne PPF on the Rockers and lower doors using my fingernails. It was more trouble to get off the black plastic protective trim down there, and there's still a little on the front mud flap that I haven't attacked. So I think the PPF really saved me there.

The only issue I had from the PPF shop was that they wrapped the mirrors with a single piece, and after a week or two it got some tiny wrinkles around the high curvature part at the bottom edge of the mirror housing. They acknowledged this and I have a standing invitation to get the mirrors re-wrapped, but so far I've never taken it back up there to have it done. After this happened on mine, they told need modified their pattern and method for the Tesla mirrors to avoid this. So they're standing behind it and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the shop and the Kavaca product. I haven't seen any other flaw and I'm now in the second summer of ownership.

For the window tint, at the time I chose 3M ceramic, 75% on the side windows and fairly dark on the top glass roof, presently nothing on the windshield. I did buy a fabric sun shade for the roof but I don't even bother to use it now, because I'm not feeling heat from the roof. I've set up an automation to restart the 12-hour time-out Cabin Overheat Protection every morning at 5 a.m., as I usually don't drive the car until the afternoon. This has been a great experience in keeping the car interior at non-damaging temperatures, and decently comfortable to get in, even if I forget to activate the full climate control before I leave. Way better than my years of dealing with hot cars in Arizona!

I believe that the shop now is a full-fledged Kavaca authorized installer, and they might recommend that now for the tint as well as the PPF.

Reactions: gcsutton