Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone Contacts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I too am having the same issue and raised it with Tesla. Their response was the following - which begs the question, how do you determine which contacts are saved as vCards? If we can get to that, and resolve it, by recreating the problematic contacts - then this could be the fix!

"We have investigated the issue your wife has in regards to syncing her contacts with your Tesla.

The issue is that some of her contacts are saved as Vcards (virtual contact file) and currently the car cannot identify them which prevents it from syncing contacts at all.

This issue is under investigation, in the meanwhile you can try and identify which contacts are saved as Vcards and remove them from her phone, this should solve this issue for now."

• Informative
Reactions: father_of_6
Upvote 0
how do you determine which contacts are saved as vCards?
I'm starting to think this is completely BS from Tesla. If you have recent versions of Outlook and a recent iPhone, like I do, ... from everything I can tell, the contacts are saved as the native Outlook format (.PST likely) and the native iphone format. Only if you export the contact from outlook, one at a time, can you make a "vcard" is what I'm reading. And I can't find anything to the contrary. So yeah, I think Telsa is just telling you a bunch of nonsense because they don't have an update that fixes the issue yet.

Reactions: KDeanCville
Upvote 0