Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

phone key to open trunk issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My guess would be (was) about the center of the dash or possibly the same module as the card reader behind the two cup holders in the center console. That would mostly centralize the sensor for the doors but leave the trunk a bit far for a short ranged one.

Just looked up the EPC... found the bluetooth module 1508179-00-E (and F)... then looked up the service repair for the image showing where it is...

View attachment 968578

Its the smaller rectangular one below(?) the touchscreen. I'm not actually sure if its below the touchscreen or maybe on the driver's side under the dash.

But! Doing a search for bluetooth on the service manual shows there's a bluetooth antenna in the rear bumper area (which is also shown in the image above, just didn't know it).

So, I have no idea why it behaves the way it does, if its supposed to have an antenna there. Maybe its faulty or something... I dunno.

edit: could be the one in the dash is for the TPMS, but that still leaves the one in the rear and the weird behavior.
Where in the rear is it? Hard to tell in photo. I would like to see if mine got disconnected from a rear end i had

I know this is a few months later...mine is still rubbish. I have marked up picture to show receiver location. It is behind bumper. The receiver needs plastic to prevent loss of signal. I could hold my phone on bumper and it still does not pick it up!
Screenshot_20240220-184641~2.png

Okay, since this thread was brought up, I should add my own update.

Last week, I got a service request done on my MYP concerning the trunk. They replaced the module and said the module hadn't been updating with the rest of the software updates for a few months.

Now, it works properly and I can open the trunk without having to trigger any front doors or whatever extra.

So, anyone having issues opening the trunk might want to get it checked out.