Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Phone app disappeared

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys.
My Tesla dashboard display became erratic after I installed a software release notes update, so I reinstalled the display app (i.e. pressed both buttons on the steering wheel) and uninstalled then reinstalled the phone app.
FYI, I have a Samsung Galaxy Flip3 phone and I was able to reconnect my phone to the car but I but the Tesla icon on my phone “disappeared” so I have to go to the Samsung store to open the Tesla phone app.
I don’t know what I did to create this situation and would appreciate any help that you can provide to get the Tesla Phone app icon, visible again.
Thank you
Bob
P.S.-I posted a thread yesterday that has had no responses so I reworded the issue and am posting a new thread

Attachments

• Tesla phone app.jpg
    Tesla phone app.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 199
Thank you FASTEddie.
I think you may be on to something.
The Tesla app did not have a check mark next to it, so I placed a check mark next to it and restarted my Samsung (Android) phone.
I scrolled through all the pages on my Home Screen but still no Tesla app.
So I would appreciate a little more help Eddie
For your convenience, I am enclosing a copy of my apps with the Tesla not having "deep sleep" that appears on the other apps on the page but not the Tesla app.

Attachments

• apps.jpg
    apps.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 62
The check mark signifies hiding It. If you still don’t see it after unchecking it, you may have a 3rd party launcher/home screen installed, perhaps unknowingly. In the meantime you can long press and add the Tesla widget so you can easily open it until you find the offending app. Usually a weather or flashlight app.

You can install a 3rd party launcher on purpose from the store then when you hit the home button, you’ll get a list of available launchers. You can find the offending app easily this way. If you pull up the power off menu then hold (not tap) until you see an option for safe mode, you can restart in safe mode. If you see the Tesla app (but it’s grey) you’ll know you have a Home Screen takeover app.

Hello Fast, I really appreciate ALL the help that you have provided.
Unfortunately, I am still stuck after following you direction:
"you can long press and add the Tesla widget so you can easily open it until you find the offending app. Usually a weather or flashlight app"
I only see the Tesla widget when I am at the Samsung Play Store where I can open the app but my issue is that th app doesn't appear on my phone homepage.
If I press down on the Red background, white Tesla emblem, I get a BIG (approximately 2x2") blown up version of the Red and White icon.
You also advised me to restart the phone "in safe mode. If you see the Tesla app (but it’s grey) you’ll know you have a Home Screen takeover app."
I did and almost all the icons were in grey but there was NO Tesla icon and I can only access it when I go to the Samsung store, enter Tesla and the app appears and I click open.
BTW, I seem to always find ways to get in deep doo-doo, chalk to another sTrAnGe issue.
Thank you again for your help Eddie
Bob

Thank you Eddie, I apologize for the delay, my internet was down and I had to go out for awhile.
In any event, I am VERY close but no cigar, yet!
When I open WIDGETS and scroll down to Tesla, there are 2 images for Tesla, one is what you see in the attachment, the other one is very similar with a few different words and they are both gigantic (for an icon).
BTW, you asked me earlier what "store" I use, Samsung or Google.
I use Google because they developed Android so I assume that they know it better than Samsung does.
Anyway, I can live with what I have but I would rather have a small, normal size, icon than this big app
Thank you Fast
Bob, from the Slow lane

Attachments

• Tesla.jpg
    Tesla.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 49
Heave you performed a search for the app on your phone? Once you find it, then move it to the home screen. I haven't touched an Android in a long time, so google it if you need exact steps.

I never heard of Good Lock Eddie.
Is it something that I need / I should be using?
BTW, the Good Lock app only has a 3.5 rating but something called NiceLock has a 4.4 rating (both reviews are from >1M users).
What I would like to do is delete/uninstall the 2 large Tesla widget icons and see if the "normal" Tesla icon appears if they are gone.
If not, I will uninstall the Tesla phone app, then reinstall it, hoping that the "normal" Tesla icon appears but I need to uninstall the large Tesla widgets first.
Thank you again for your help Eddie
Bob

I asked about good lock because that’s a known issue with that app. Uninstall the app (you can do it from the play store) then go to settings > Home Screen > add new apps to Home Screen. Then go back to the store and install the app. Should be on one of your home screens

I'm a bit confused Eddie.

You wrote: "I asked about good lock because that’s a known issue with that app.
I don't have the Good Lock app on my phone

You wrote: "Uninstall the app (you can do it from the play store)"
What app are we talking about, the Tesla phone app?

If so, I uninstalled and reinstalled it 3 times and the Tesla app icon does not show up on my screen.
If you are talking about the 2 large widget icons. I don't know how to uninstall widgets.

You wrote: "then go to settings > Home Screen > add new apps to Home Screen.
Which new apps do I add to my Home Screen and what apps or widgets to I uninstall first?

Then go back to the store and install the app. Should be on one of your home screens
Not quite sure what I am supposed to do Eddie?
I installed the Tesla phone app several times and in all cases, I went to the Google Play Store, searched for Tesla and found the Tesla Phone app *with the Red background and white T<Tesla> emblem. I clicked install and when it was finsihed, the Tesla Red and white icon were on my home screen and ready to use.
So I am not sure what you are asking me to do?
Thank you Eddie
Bob

when you are in the play store and search for Tesla there will be an option to uninstall it right from that page. After installation you’ll see the option to install it again. leave the store without installing and go to the home settings above to toggle on the option to put every app you install directly on the Home Screen. After you change that option, you can return to the play store and install the Tesla app. With that setting selected, you should now have the app on your Home Screen.

Good morning Eddie.
You wrote: "in the play store and search for Tesla there will be an option to uninstall it right from that page".
I installed and uninstalled the Tesla Phone app several times and believe when you touch the red and white Tesla icon, an uninstall option pops up.
When I touch/press/.... the Tesla Phone icon in the Google Play store, NOTHING happens.
The only option that I have is OPEN, uninstall is no longer there and I wonder if the 2 large Tesla widget icons, that I also can't install, might be the culprit and somehow attached themselves to the Tesla Phone app.
I had a simiar propblem with MS Office that was finally resolved by 3rd level support.

Attachments

• Tesla app in Google Play.jpg
    Tesla app in Google Play.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 31
Widgets are uninstalled when the app is they aren't separate they are part of the app. From your app apps screen you have in a pic above you can uninstall from there. It's important that you click the add to home screen option so on the next install it'll automatically put it on the hone screen. Looks like you have some antivirus apps that can cause thinks like this too

From your app apps screen you have in a pic above you can uninstall from there.
That would be a good start, what do I click to uninstall?
Clicking on the red and white Tesla Phone app does nothing and clicking on "open" opens the app.
What do I press/how do I uninstall the Tesla Phone app at the Google Play store Eddie
Thank you
Bob

That is not what I see on my Samsung Galaxy Flip 3 phone Eddie.
I get something completely different when I go to Google Play store and click on Tesla (see attachment).
Matter of fact, I checked a few other apps that are installed and they ALL are like the Tesla Phone app.
I can open them but I can NOT uninstall them.
I think I am going to contact Samsung support because something obviously is going on and I don't recall making any changes.
Thank you for your help Eddie, I'll keep you posted on what Samsund has to say
Bob

Attachments

• Tesla app in Google Play.jpg
    Tesla app in Google Play.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 40