Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pic of your Model 3.......RIGHT NOW! [model 3 pictures thread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_0142.jpeg

That piece was stuck like glue… lol. Honestly I just said F it and put some force into it and it popped right off… on either extreme side of that center piece is a strap held on by a torx 15 though… O don’t think that should stop you however, you just need to pry the little light bar out with a plastic pry tool and then disconnect it… once you do that you can pull it down easily… the entire thing took about 45 min or less

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2
How did you go about taking this piece off? Any unique things or words of wisdom to look out for? I have a very annoying rattle underneath this pillar and want to take it off to inspect!

View attachment 874824
On further inspection… the rattle you hear is a few wires under there hitting the metal… if you can pull it down about you can tape it or put som soft foam there to stop it…. I’ll probably put some foam there now that you mentioned it

Ripped apart interior right now

View attachment 874798
How did you go about taking this piece off? Any unique things or words of wisdom to look out for?T
That piece was stuck like glue… lol. Honestly I just said F it and put some force into it and it popped right off… on either extreme side of that center piece is a strap held on by a torx 15 though… O don’t think that should stop you however, you just need to pry the little light bar out with a plastic pry tool and then disconnect it… once you do that you can pull it down easily… the entire thing took about 45 min or less
Thank you for the advise! I'll pry that guy out and pull it down!

Yeah it’s all clips except the visor is torx25… again just pry the finishing piece for the visor if you need to take it off and then that will expose the screw and it will just fall out and you can disconnect the wire… those were really the only screws on the 2022 aside from the strap as I mentioned before

I’ll take a closer pic so you can see what I mean…. And I totally hijacked the thread… my bad people…all in good fun.

Just waiting for Santua to curse me out. :)