Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pic of your Model 3.......RIGHT NOW! [model 3 pictures thread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Little impromptu photo shoot. She’s just so clean.

00C7A97E-69C3-4CBF-BD91-E3FDB64B2FA3.jpeg

597758C0-4A00-4021-AD3A-2F1EAF467F88.jpeg
EE0926DF-44C5-4EFC-9D61-A3A769B0E400.jpeg

8FAA3563-D26B-4901-BD94-B9971CE7367F.jpeg
642B8983-53CF-42F2-94DD-DEF60EF310AC.jpeg

Other than that, it was a great home delivery experience.

Was your car delivered in a closed trailer or open trailer? I would prefer closed, but KC SC told me that they have no influence what 3rd party carrier does the actual delivery. Curious if I could voice a preference - do you happen to know what company did the delivery?

Also, curious if it was a large semi or smaller truck/trailer? Considering the small streets in the neighborhood.

Thanks.

Was your car delivered in a closed trailer or open trailer? I would prefer closed, but KC SC told me that they have no influence what 3rd party carrier does the actual delivery. Curious if I could voice a preference - do you happen to know what company did the delivery?

Also, curious if it was a large semi or smaller truck/trailer? Considering the small streets in the neighborhood.

Mine was delivered on a long flat 2 car max goose neck trailer like you see backhoes, etc. transported on. It was very clean. See pic. I would have preferred closed as well but just getting it was an accomplishment. You have no choice of "who" brings it to you. The bill of lading was from Arrowhead Trans & Towing but that's not going to help you. The trailer was pulled by a 3500 diesel max dual wheel pickup. Street size is not a problem with this rig. There's plenty of width space. All they do is transport cars back and forth both ways..

My only fear which I relayed again later to the guy that called with followup quality delivery questions is the trailer they used has short ramps. That makes a sharp departure angle. So you scrape the underside front going on, then you scrape high center on the battery. It's reversed coming off. NOW, I will say, they were VERY careful and went a millimeter at a time coming off the trailer. I got under the vehicle on my garage creeper and there was ZERO damage.

They knew all about the model S and X being able to raise up with the air suspension, so they do a lot of Tesla's. The dispatcher said the same thing to me. I let him know the 3 and Y can't do that and the trailer ramps are too short as well as scraping the battery on high center. They had no method to raise the front of the trailer which would have alleviated both the high center and departure the angle issue.

PS, in the last week, I've seen 6 other brand new 2021 model 3's in my area with temp MO tags.

20201217_184728.jpg

@Mark57 Thank you very much for the detailed information, esp the notion about the steep ramps on such a trailer. Good to know that at least your carrier was well versed around Teslas and took good care to get it (on) and off the trailer without any issue.

KC SC told me my car should be at their location on the 27th, and then - depending on carrier availability - another few days before it gets to my door.

Reactions: Mark57
KC SC told me my car should be at their location on the 27th, and then - depending on carrier availability - another few days before it gets to my door.

That's great news. Once it arrives in KC, it goes pretty quickly. They will text/call you when it starts to move. They told me the carrier would call me when in route. Never did. I called KC, they GPS's the car and it was only 5 miles from me. It turns out the carrier transposed one of the numbers and kept getting voicemail, not mine. That was the only hiccup.

Reactions: rrohde