Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pic of your Model 3.......RIGHT NOW! [model 3 pictures thread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rainy day fun.

Attachments

• 3024326C-CB35-47D5-B2F9-B987E59D5CC2.jpeg
    3024326C-CB35-47D5-B2F9-B987E59D5CC2.jpeg
    494.4 KB · Views: 206
  • 3DB29766-DAE7-474B-A470-7C3B7E985A2C.jpeg
    3DB29766-DAE7-474B-A470-7C3B7E985A2C.jpeg
    453.3 KB · Views: 148
  • 89715AFD-EA02-4FC4-BDAA-95D49ADDA0E7.jpeg
    89715AFD-EA02-4FC4-BDAA-95D49ADDA0E7.jpeg
    670.8 KB · Views: 148
Just got my 23 M3P last week. Had 35% tint all around installed yesterday and then I installed some mud flaps last night. I really... REALLY... can't stand the wheel gap, but after living with lowered cars the last 20 years, I can't deal with the headaches of driving a lowered car in Los Angeles anymore. haha

View attachment 912688
looking good....congrats!! I kinda like the lighter tint... did you do the roof also? How much they charge if you don't mind?
amazing how much higher the 2023 stock M3P looks compared to my 2020....and I thought mine was high af 😀

Think I will still do a mild drop 1-1.5"

546AA253-BB47-4671-884B-88E9CD5C71DB.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: ThaiBruin
Just got my 23 M3P last week. Had 35% tint all around installed yesterday and then I installed some mud flaps last night. I really... REALLY... can't stand the wheel gap, but after living with lowered cars the last 20 years, I can't deal with the headaches of driving a lowered car in Los Angeles anymore. haha

View attachment 912688
I’m in the same boat. I CBA with scrapping everywhere or being restricted to what type of car parks I can use.

looking good....congrats!! I kinda like the lighter tint... did you do the roof also? How much they charge if you don't mind?
amazing how much higher the 2023 stock M3P looks compared to my 2020....and I thought mine was high af 😀

Think I will still do a mild drop 1-1.5"

View attachment 912691

I didn't do the full roof, but the back window was tinted all the way to the top. I used Xenith IR film. It was $749 flat installed. It was by no means the cheapest, but the shop (Rob's Tint in Playa Vista, CA) has been around for 30 years so I wanted the peace of mind that the lifetime warranty actually means something.

Who knows... I may break and get some coilovers someday, but it seems like they'd be a pain to adjust if and when I wanted to do so.

I'm dropped 1.5 inches, and I have some REALLY high speed bumps in my area...if I go slow I can go over them straight with no issues...no need to turn the wheel or anything...and I have the ADRO V2 front

it's the best of both worlds however...if I could I would go to 2 inches or 1.75 actually......sounds trivial, but with this car every MM counts when lowering.

I'm dropped 1.5 inches, and I have some REALLY high speed bumps in my area...if I go slow I can go over them straight with no issues...no need to turn the wheel or anything...and I have the ADRO V2 front

it's the best of both worlds however...if I could I would go to 2 inches or 1.75 actually......sounds trivial, but with this car every MM counts when lowering.
Can you post a picture? Apologies if you already have one on this thread... But it's... Long. 😂

Where do you live?

View attachment 912688
Congrats looks nice! Yes I would not drop it either. The last car I dropped I hated the way it felt...
I am not sure if this is possible but perhaps, we can by tires a bit larger side wall (like 3% overall)? I know I done this with ice cars without an issue...

View attachment 912688
What mud flaps are those? I need them! Don't want the ones that wrap around and scratch the paint.

What mud flaps are those? I need them! Don't want the ones that wrap around and scratch the paint.
These from Amazon... Amazon.com

I 1000% recommend these as I initially bought ones that were hard plastic and wrapped onto the paint, which meant it would scratch the paint and if anything hit it hard, it would either break or cause damage to the paint. So I returned them without ever mounting them.

These are hard plastic at the mounting points, but the rest is a thick flexible TPU. Supposedly these are are copies of the official Tesla mud flaps.

Capt2.JPG

Capture.JPG

Reactions: msb175
Congrats looks nice! Yes I would not drop it either. The last car I dropped I hated the way it felt...
I am not sure if this is possible but perhaps, we can by tires a bit larger side wall (like 3% overall)? I know I done this with ice cars without an issue...
@Ital You can go slightly larger in diameter, but not 3% because of the front knuckle. Sizes up to 26.8" outer diameter are generally safe fits. In some tires you can go up to 27" diameter sizes but others will rub the front knuckle in those sizes. Especially allseasons from what I've seen here, probably due to their relatively tall tread compared to summer tires.

Sizes like 245/45R18, 245/40R19, and 245/35R20 fit reliably. Tesla's official Track Pack comes with 245/35R20 on 9" wide wheels. However 255/35R20 on 9" wheels for example is borderline, some tires fit in that size, and some rub (unless you are willing to shave them).

Stock Model 3 tire sizes and nominal diameters (the actual exact diameter of a specific tire model will vary!):
235/45R18 26.3" (18x8.5" aero wheels)
235/40R19 26.4" (19x8.5" sport wheels)
235/35R20 26.5" (20x9" or previously 20x8.5" M3P wheels - note the Uberturbines are 9" wide so on newer M3P the 235s are actually stretched and that probably shrinks the diameter slightly!)

I've been running 245/45R18 on 18x8.5" wheels on my M3P, first summer tires, now allseasons in the same size. No issues, fits great. The difference vs 235/45R18 is small of course, but the 10mm wider 245s give 3.2% extra width, 6.3% extra sidewall, and 1.1% extra diameter. Those are all good things for this car in my book, even if the differences are small. Either is a perfectly standard width for 8.5" wide wheels.

I doubt that I could feel much difference between 245 vs 235 in the same tire model (assuming both are XL rated and with equivalent inflation), but on paper I like everything about 245s more. Plus 245s were generally cheaper last time I was price comparing!

Reactions: Ital