Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked up my new Y this AM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My first Tesla: December 2023 Fremont built RWD, no options: ordered and paid for online yesterday and picked up from the Colma location at 11 AM. Pickup was incredibly easy (easiest delivery I’ve ever been part of). The car seems really solid; no rattles or vibrations even going over crappy Bay Area roads. The sound system has the sub in back and (not that I’ll turn them on) fog lights in front. Seems like a great car and great value. So far, I’m quite pleased.

IMG_8855.jpeg

My first Tesla: December 2023 Fremont built RWD, no options: ordered and paid for online yesterday and picked up from the Colma location at 11 AM. Pickup was incredibly easy (easiest delivery I’ve ever been part of). The car seems really solid; no rattles or vibrations even going over crappy Bay Area roads. The sound system has the sub in back and (not that I’ll turn them on) fog lights in front. Seems like a great car and great value. So far, I’m quite pleased.

View attachment 1009246
Nice ... looks 👍.

Decided to try charging today for the first time. I’ve already got a L2 EVSE installed at home from my previous car but was a little nervous about using the adapter (I’m strict adherent to Murphy’s law so figured it would get stuck or something) but it went perfectly. The instruction to remove adapter and charger together was a little unexpected (especially since the adapter goes in first) but it wasn’t too awkward even in the rain we are having.

When I went to check the charging screen a little while later just to make sure everything was good, I couldn’t help but chuckle at the remaining time left…I think Elon would have approved:

IMG_8883.jpeg

Reactions: bruce4000
Nice! Just ordered what looks like the same vehicle in Hawaii. We pick up on 01.21.24, this Sunday. Quick question, did the J1772 adapter come with the car? This is our first Tesla but 5th EV so I already have a home charger in place.