Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked up my Y today and all is good....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my car today in Owings Mills, MD. Panel gaps and paint looked good to me. There were two minor issues:
1. Frunk is not flush in front, and sticks up a bit on passenger front side.
2. Passenger side rear seat does not fold down from back button. It will only fold if you hit the lever on top of the seat itself. The other two drop down like the should from rear button.

I had fun driving it home and am still trying to get the hang of the regen braking. I keep wanting to hit the brakes, or I lift up my foot to soon on the accelerator causing the car to jerk. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon. I was surprised how natural it seemed not having a speedometer behind the steering wheel. After a few minutes I didn't even think about it and just looked at the big screen.

I have a question with the Dash cam. I connected a new SSD and it lights up like it's getting power. But on the screen it says something like "connect USB drive to enable cam". And the box to "format drive" is grayed out. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

exFAT works with recent versions, once SSD is recognized, you can use the format function to let the car create the folder for you.

Depends on what version the car is I when the OP received it. Ours was on .103 and the format via the car wasn’t available. Looks like the OP is good to go now though. The format via the MCU works on 2020.20.12 on Model 3 & Y (have both and confirmed on both)

I picked up my car today in Owings Mills, MD. Panel gaps and paint looked good to me. There were two minor issues:
2. Passenger side rear seat does not fold down from back button. It will only fold if you hit the lever on top of the seat itself. The other two drop down like the should from rear button.

I had fun driving it home and am still trying to get the hang of the regen braking. I keep wanting to hit the brakes, or I lift up my foot to soon on the accelerator causing the car to jerk. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon. I was surprised how natural it seemed not having a speedometer behind the steering wheel. After a few minutes I didn't even think about it and just looked at the big screen.

I have a question with the Dash cam. I connected a new SSD and it lights up like it's getting power. But on the screen it says something like "connect USB drive to enable cam". And the box to "format drive" is grayed out. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Congrats on the pick up! I'm hoping to pick up our Model Y there next week. We've gotten two other cars from there and they are really good to work with. You'll get used to the driving in no time. What did they say about taking care of the issues?

Congrats on the pick up! I'm hoping to pick up our Model Y there next week. We've gotten two other cars from there and they are really good to work with. You'll get used to the driving in no time. What did they say about taking care of the issues?

Thanks! They were all nice people there, even though it was a bit chaotic. I never was assigned a delivery advisor that i know of, and no in particular helped me while I was there. I just grabbed a few random workers as they were walking by with questions. They told me they would document the issues with a due bill (not sure what that is) and for me to schedule a service appt.

Thanks in advance.
Question for you: Did they put the front license plate holder on your Model Y? They usually do not put them on the Model 3, so I'm wondering about the Y.