Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

proximity chime annoyance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
not sure if this question has been asked before and i am my question relates to the sensor picking up other vehicles and people shown on the screen. i am not talking about if i am reversing

I went on my first long drive today and the chiming notice went off multiple times as it appears the vehicle is picking up pedestrians on the pavement. is there anyway to turn this chiming off and it got quite annoying after a while. i must have also been told i was about crash about 10 times as there was a car in front even though i was braking with plenty of space.

i assume the noise can be turned off and it seems very sensitive but will that affect the rear parking chimes?

Are you getting these chimes when you're stopped at a light or driving? You shouldn't be hearing anything like that when driving. Yes, you can turn off the Park Assist chimes, but not separately for the front and rear.

You change the sensitivity of the forward collision warning under Controls > Autopilot > Forward Collision Warning, or you can turn it off completely. That setting is now sticky, so if you turn it off it will stay off (I think it used to be enabled again for each trip).

You can turn off parking chimes if that’s what you mean. I was looking through my menu and noticed they were turned on as I don’t mind them.

I just noticed someone typed out a more detailed version of what I said up above but I figured I would post anyway. :)

I haven't turned off my chimes and I get a fair amount of false alarms. It is actually amusing sometimes. At certain curves I get a false warning that I'm running off the road just about every time I navigate them. In one specific place I drive, the evening sun causes the car to detect a pedestrian in the road when nothing is there. When backing up the car chimes a false warning when the texture of the driveway changes. The camera proximity system on my vehicle is about as useful as a screen door on a submarine. But I love my car and just drive the old fashioned way using my eyesight and mirrors.

Reactions: easyev
Are you getting these chimes when you're stopped at a light or driving? You shouldn't be hearing anything like that when driving. Yes, you can turn off the Park Assist chimes, but not separately for the front and rear.
i am getting the chimes whilst driving. it is picking up a pedestrian standing 20 metres away on the pavement and acting like i am about to crash into that person.

i want to keep the parking chimes but it is the collision warnings that are too sensitive.

i will try the forward warning sensitivity this morning and report back

success....this worked and the chimes have stopped. one issue down 2 to go

if anyone know why i can't connet my app to the car stating the car is not connected to LTE or wifi when it is then please let me know

success....this worked and the chimes have stopped. one issue down 2 to go

if anyone know why i can't connet my app to the car stating the car is not connected to LTE or wifi when it is then please let me know
Glad you resolved the chime issue. Regarding the connection issue, where are you seeing a message about the car not being connected, and how are you determining that it is in fact connected? To access the car via the app, the car must have an LTE connection even when connected to WiFi, and the Tesla app on your phone must have cellular data enabled if the phone isn’t connected to WiFi.

Glad you resolved the chime issue. Regarding the connection issue, where are you seeing a message about the car not being connected, and how are you determining that it is in fact connected? To access the car via the app, the car must have an LTE connection even when connected to WiFi, and the Tesla app on your phone must have cellular data enabled if the phone isn’t connected to WiFi.
i have made a post elsewhere on this forum but got my purchase document yesterday to went to app, add vehicle. asks for the VIN number which i add then asks to change vehicle nasme to 3 letters.........did that in the software tab, press next and get a message "make sure the vehicle is connected to wifi or LTE....try again".

tried it at home on my wifi 6 times, then at my office on the work wifi and then with now wifi when the vehicle shows LTE. the app is on for mobile data and the app location is "always on"

the phone bluetooth works and on wifi i tried to the browser so that worked

this car is a second hand one and there is someone else's details on the profile which i am uanable to delete and assume that i can do that once i get the app

i have made a post elsewhere on this forum but got my purchase document yesterday to went to app, add vehicle. asks for the VIN number which i add then asks to change vehicle nasme to 3 letters.........did that in the software tab, press next and get a message "make sure the vehicle is connected to wifi or LTE....try again".

tried it at home on my wifi 6 times, then at my office on the work wifi and then with now wifi when the vehicle shows LTE. the app is on for mobile data and the app location is "always on"

this car is a second hand one and there is someone else's details on the profile which i am uanable to delete and assume that i can do that once i get the app
In not familiar with that process for adding cars since I’ve only purchased new Teslas, but here in the US I thought only Tesla could add your car to the app regardless of how you acquired it. Have you contacted Tesla about this?

Once you get access to the car from your account, you should do a Controls > Service > Factory Reset to erase the previous owner’s data and restore all settings to defaults. You can’t do this until your account is associated with the car because you have to enter your account credentials to confirm the reset. The previous owner should have done this.

it sounds like you are doing everything correctly and the car just does not have connectivity