Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

picking up demo car tomorrow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
picking up demo 2020 LR+ tomorrow. Do you know if they allow us to test drive the car as well before deciding if we want to go ahead with the order. I know we’ll lose $100 if we refuse the car. Also if you find defects, will Tesla fix it later or is it pretty much as-is since the car is already discounted? Thx

picking up demo 2020 LR+ tomorrow. Do you know if they allow us to test drive the car as well before deciding if we want to go ahead with the order. I know we’ll lose $100 if we refuse the car. Also if you find defects, will Tesla fix it later or is it pretty much as-is since the car is already discounted? Thx
No it won’t allow to test drive. It states on their website too

I guess that explains not being able to inspect a demo before committing to buy. I would prefer to test drive the demo and they buy it right there to ensure I know what I am getting.

you still have 7 days after buying the demo car to return it.. you will lose on the $100 order fee though.. it’s well worth the discounts imo. It is essentially a new car. Also the nice thing is for demo cars, they usually want a car that has excellent fit and panels, etc to show it off..

Reactions: jboy210
you still have 7 days after buying the demo car to return it.. you will lose on the $100 order fee though.. it’s well worth the discounts imo. It is essentially a new car. Also the nice thing is for demo cars, they usually want a car that has excellent fit and panels, etc to show it off..

Thanks for the info.

The fit and finish tweaks as well as care that was taken (waxing, cleaning, etc) was my reason for leaning that way. And if you just lose a $100 deposit for walking away it does now sound like much of a risk.

My demo Performance Model X.

Attachments

• 98903F24-CBBA-4986-959B-A6A401368A6B.jpeg
    98903F24-CBBA-4986-959B-A6A401368A6B.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 88
  • 8E2622D4-279F-451A-8E35-7F37598FA011.jpeg
    8E2622D4-279F-451A-8E35-7F37598FA011.jpeg
    640.4 KB · Views: 65