Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Inventory discount Model X or wait?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hard to say, don't really know the advantage of it? HW4 to me seemed like it only may give a 360 camera and better FSD. FSD in my opinion will not be possible even with the next hardware. I'd hate to pass up a "good deal" with the announcement of HW4 being underwhelming.

Looks like the announcement of HW4 didn't make it into the March 1st meeting. That sounds about right, glad I didn't hold my breath.

I hope I made the right decision buying a new MX sight unseen with all this speak of HW.4 coming soon. It will arrive for my wife next week. My worry is the yoke more than anything else. I know you can retrofit to the regular wheel if she can’t stand it after a week or so. Anyone here gone through the motions of retrofitting or are you folks actually liking the yoke after a bit of time? I also heard whether true or not, that yoke horn is going to be software update to use center wheel for the horn on MY23 builds.

I hope I made the right decision buying a new MX sight unseen with all this speak of HW.4 coming soon. It will arrive for my wife next week. My worry is the yoke more than anything else. I know you can retrofit to the regular wheel if she can’t stand it after a week or so. Anyone here gone through the motions of retrofitting or are you folks actually liking the yoke after a bit of time? I also heard whether true or not, that yoke horn is going to be software update to use center wheel for the horn on MY23 builds.
I took delivery of my MSLR on Tuesday. After 3 days of driving, the jury is still out on the yoke. I'm going to give it another week or two before I decide either way.

Good viewpoint. I spoke to a SA and they said since the price decrease and tax break the 3/Y are doing great but pulled interest off the S/X. This just makes sense, the huge price gap would be hard to justify for most even if you do get larger, better equipped vehicles. I think they need to bring the base price down even maybe by removing some base features if needed to keep those lines moving, my concern about buying one of these demos is I feel like another price drop may be in the future even if not tomorrow.
You called it!

New Model X are now (3/5) $10K less.

Base LR Model X: $99,990
Base Plaid Model X: $109,990

Reactions: jsrawa
You called it!

New Model X are now (3/5) $10K less.

Base LR Model X: $99,990
Base Plaid Model X: $109,990
Thanks, based my prediction on SA conversations and overall inventory tracking.

I think Plaid is a great value at that price, however when we talk about Tesla from a sales perspective I feel like a base Model S at 79k and the X at 89k is a much more competitive spot even if they remove a few features on a “base” model.

As I mentioned in the S forum, the current “demo” discount is questionably any savings when we now have confirmation of HW4 X deliveries. A discount of 5k for a “legacy” HW3, even if it doesn’t matter to you, will decrease resale value.

Thanks, based my prediction on SA conversations and overall inventory tracking.

I think Plaid is a great value at that price, however when we talk about Tesla from a sales perspective I feel like a base Model S at 79k and the X at 89k is a much more competitive spot even if they remove a few features on a “base” model.

As I mentioned in the S forum, the current “demo” discount is questionably any savings when we now have confirmation of HW4 X deliveries. A discount of 5k for a “legacy” HW3, even if it doesn’t matter to you, will decrease resale value.
Agree. $100k is still too expensive for a base X, especially with high interest rates. Drop another $10k and I’ll be ordering one.

Hope and dream. lol. If MX hits, $89k.. I will jump on that as well. :wish:
I would jump as well, I’m on the fence at the moment. It’s just a little over the line IMO.

If they could remove some features or offer a standard range maybe they could get it under 80k to qualify for the tax credit. Now that’s hoping and dreaming but that would definitely get those Xs moving.

Go with inventory discount (just my personal opinion)! Going to cop a 2023 plaid model X 6 seater with color/tires/interior upgrades for a whole $12k cheaper than the price for a brand new Tesla model X with dual motor and no upgrades. My SA came in clutch and she really saved the day. They do have some amazing inventory discounts, so defff check those out!

One of the SA called to me with demo Model X but it shows some repairs. After checking she confirmed that during demo driver side door was damaged and then replaced by Tesla. It is is 14K less than original price.

Is it worth it? Unsure if that would be reported/seen on CarFax since Tesla took the cost hit.

Reactions: preilly44
I’m a little confused. When you say discount are you meaning on the previous MSRP? Because as it stands, the MXs I see show a discount but most are still over 100k. With the base now at 99k, they don’t seem to be discounted down from current MSRP, but from the inflated one.