Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picking up tomorrow.. Any advice?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So tomorrow is the big day. I am picking up my sr+. I have been locked into these forums for the past month making sure I have as much knowledge as possible. I am bringing my mats with me and all the paperwork required.

I wanted to ask those that have already taken delivery, is there anything in particular you look for in the inspection before signing off? Any other recommendations?

So tomorrow is the big day. I am picking up my sr+. I have been locked into these forums for the past month making sure I have as much knowledge as possible. I am bringing my mats with me and all the paperwork required.

I wanted to ask those that have already taken delivery, is there anything in particular you look for in the inspection before signing off? Any other recommendations?
Earlier threads reported paint imperfections. Mine was fine. I was relying on navigation to get me out of Vancouver but it took about 20 minutes for the navigation system to sync. Enjoy.

• Helpful
Reactions: CdnElec
Open the doors, trunk, frunk, check out the paint and gaskets, if it looks good, sign and drive it like you stole it
I second this! TBH check for any "noticeable" issues, gaps, light misalignments, but enjoy it. Its an experience that you should definitely soak in and enjoy.

Oh, and have your favorite song ready on your phone or USB to blast as you leave the Delivery centre!

Reactions: pcons

Congrats!

Make sure to have cheques with you if you have any outstanding balance or if you're paying for registration because they are nor accepting cash or credit cards.

Check the VIN number if it yours and as others said, check out the paint and make sure everything is working. Not much that I can think of for now.

Yeah. Don't be this guy.

You made my day :D

Bring a super soaker and see if it leaks :) (jk)

Check the glove box closes properly.
Check the areas around the door hinges, see if there's any paint rub off (poor door fitting)
Check the joints of the frunk/trunk opening/closing. Note any weird noises.

I picked my mine last Saturday. When I drove back home from Montreal with 40 km left, I found out my mobile charger doesn't work. It just stops charging after 5 minutes!! Had to rush out to get it charged. Meanwhile, no response after I submitted request online. Nobody pickup the phone. It's stressful.

Be sure that your charger works!

I picked my mine last Saturday. When I drove back home from Montreal with 40 km left, I found out my mobile charger doesn't work. It just stops charging after 5 minutes!! Had to rush out to get it charged. Meanwhile, no response after I submitted request online. Nobody pickup the phone. It's stressful.

Be sure that your charger works!

Which plug were you using to charge? UMC doesn't work well with some household GF plugs.