Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pickling up my Model 3 in Fremont tomorrow!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay so we were worried with such a wide delivery window of noon-2pm (my dad and I got a rent a car for the close to 3hr drive and we wanted to make sure we'd be back in time to drop that car off at Enterprise. We arrived at the Target shopping center around 1145am and the guy called at 1159am! For a split second I thought about answering it because the number came from New York! Turns out he is an intern in the financial dept. and volunteered to help deliver with the craziest of end of quarter. He took about 10min and arrived around 1210pm and took around 45min with me! On the phone they told me multiple times they would only spend 10-15 min so that was nice. The car looked essentially flawless. The right lower part under the passenger door was a bit dirty but other than that impeccable. Signed the paperwork and gave him my checks and he helped me link my phone to the car as well as a few other things. The regen. breaking definitely was hard at first but I'm getting more used to it. The ONLY negative was on the bumpy highway, I kept hearing something around the backseat I think. Not sure what it is, but I'm hoping it's nothing or a quick fix. Terrible traffic on the way home due to 1 or 2 accidents so my range took a beating from the bumper to bumper and then going extra fast to try making up for it. I'll post a few questions..
Did they give you any options for delivery or just say you needed to pick up in Bay Area?

Thanks I will try today. I think I now have everything I need? Did you have to scan things into your computer or could you take pictures with your phone etc?

I attached my previously scanned documents (for our local utility company rebate) as .pdf files. It was painless, compared to my first application in 2012 for our Nissan Leaf. They randomly select applicants for income verification. IIRC, if your chosen for Income Verification, you get the rebate check faster.

Okay so we were worried with such a wide delivery window of noon-2pm (my dad and I got a rent a car for the close to 3hr drive and we wanted to make sure we'd be back in time to drop that car off at Enterprise. We arrived at the Target shopping center around 1145am and the guy called at 1159am! For a split second I thought about answering it because the number came from New York! Turns out he is an intern in the financial dept. and volunteered to help deliver with the craziest of end of quarter. He took about 10min and arrived around 1210pm and took around 45min with me! On the phone they told me multiple times they would only spend 10-15 min so that was nice. The car looked essentially flawless. The right lower part under the passenger door was a bit dirty but other than that impeccable. Signed the paperwork and gave him my checks and he helped me link my phone to the car as well as a few other things. The regen. breaking definitely was hard at first but I'm getting more used to it. The ONLY negative was on the bumpy highway, I kept hearing something around the backseat I think. Not sure what it is, but I'm hoping it's nothing or a quick fix. Terrible traffic on the way home due to 1 or 2 accidents so my range took a beating from the bumper to bumper and then going extra fast to try making up for it. I'll post a few questions..

So happy to hear you had such a positive experience and personally feeling relieved it went well since I kept saying I thought it would be fine at Target :). Had fingers crossed. It was a first delivery like that I had heard of and I guess you have a memorable crazy EOQ story to tell now. Welcome to the family! Bet you are glad you didn't cancel delivery. What did your dad think of the car? I assume he was driving the rental back. Were you the only one getting a delivery there and did you need to charge? You will love having the ability to use Superchargers on travels. If you are planning any trips south along I-5 you will probably enjoy planning a charging stop at Kettleman City, the largest one around (link on TMC to the thread on it). BTW how will you be charging in general?

Your delivery person sounded a bit like mine. Very patient explaining things. Thumbs up to him! It really helps to put new drivers to Tesla at ease on that first drive home since the car is still very different. Wish everyone could have this type of experience. More likely I guess when it's not crunch time and they don't have so many deliveries. Kind of cool he came all the way from NY to help out.

As you probably found out the roads out here are not in the best shape and traffic and construction is a pain. As to the sound you mentioned around the backseat, it may be coming from the latch area of one of the seat sections. Maybe not closed firmly. Someone on TMC mentioned that theirs latched kind of loosely and the latch would rattle around the metal part it closes on. If so shouldn't be a issue to resolve quickly.

I sent in my Calif PG&E rebate as soon as I got the car. Had all the paperwork to submit. Believe it was the Calif State rebate that I had to wait on until I got my title and/or license plate info. I think people had different experiences on whether they kicked your app out if you didn't have the license info at time of filing so I just waited. The Fed one you don't have a choice of waiting obviously. Nice that the Fresno area has the EV rebate program they do. L.A. area is still bad with smog and I think a few cities there have their own programs. Nothing I'm aware of here in the Bay area.

Last edited:
1. How do I set my charger to end at a certain time? I think I see where you can choose when to start it. I also see you can stop it at certain intervals/percentages but I'm more concerned with time so I can get the cheapest electricity rates (11pm-7am).
I'm not sure there is a "stop charging" feature. I usually just calculate my charging rate (for me 15 miles an hour at home) and then have my start charging time coincide with how much my full charge limit is set at. So if I'm at 180 miles and I set my limit to 80% which is around 260 then I figure it will be 5 1/2 hours of charging. Personally, I set it late so when I'm headed to work the batteries are warmed up but that's because it's winter and it's cold outside here. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong that there isn't a stop charging feature. I've never needed it.

You can change your signature by going to your profile and changing it. Your profile is in the upper right of the page.

Congrats and enjoy.

Last edited:
How long you need to charge will depend on what you have to charge with. I have a LR AWD so my range (310 miles) is greater than your SR+, but even with my LR on a NEMA 14-50 I'm able to charge overnight from 11pm-7am. Usually get a notification on my phone it finished in the early hours before we've even gotten up. I have mine set to charge at 11:30pm. I don't charge every day but usually will plug in at night when I'm around 60-100 mile range. Elon/Tesla has said that charging to 90% is perfectly fine to do regularly on the Model 3, so that is what mine is set to. You should try not to let it get below 20% normally. Of course during trips that might happen.

BTW what version of software are you on?

Oh and I think you asked about where to add your car info to you user name. When you go to log in you'll see "Signature" listed among the areas.

Last edited:
So happy to hear you had such a positive experience and personally feeling relieved it went well since I kept saying I thought it would be fine at Target :). Had fingers crossed. It was a first delivery like that I had heard of and I guess you have a memorable crazy EOQ story to tell now. Welcome to the family! Bet you are glad you didn't cancel delivery. What did your dad think of the car? I assume he was driving the rental back. Were you the only one getting a delivery there and did you need to charge? You will love having the ability to use Superchargers on travels. If you are planning any trips south along I-5 you will probably enjoy planning a charging stop at Kettleman City, the largest one around (link on TMC to the thread on it). BTW how will you be charging in general?

Your delivery person sounded a bit like mine. Very patient explaining things. Thumbs up to him! It really helps to put new drivers to Tesla at ease on that first drive home since the car is still very different. Wish everyone could have this type of experience. More likely I guess when it's not crunch time and they don't have so many deliveries. Kind of cool he came all the way from NY to help out.

As you probably found out the roads out here are not in the best shape and traffic and construction is a pain. As to the sound you mentioned around the backseat, it may be coming from the latch area of one of the seat sections. Maybe not closed firmly. Someone on TMC mentioned that theirs latched kind of loosely and the latch would rattle around the metal part it closes on. If so shouldn't be a issue to resolve quickly.

I sent in my Calif PG&E rebate as soon as I got the car. Had all the paperwork to submit. Believe it was the Calif State rebate that I had to wait on until I got my title and/or license plate info. I think people had different experiences on whether they kicked your app out if you didn't have the license info at time of filing so I just waited. The Fed one you don't have a choice of waiting obviously. Nice that the Fresno area has the EV rebate program they do. L.A. area is still bad with smog and I think a few cities there have their own programs. Nothing I'm aware of here in the Bay area.

He seems to like it but he hasn't been in it besides 10min home from the rent a car place. This guy was a finance intern so he was just volunteering but said he did 2 the day before. Didn't ask him how many exactly he had that day. Right now I'm stuck with the slow charging. It's doing 5miles per hour. Have someone who I play basketball with that offered to set up the faster 240v. Thanks for mentioning the latch thing, I will check that. I don't have a scanner so I think the public library does so I'm going to try that tomorrow for the rebates.

Which rebate do you need to send a document with? If you can do so by using your phone camera to create a file (.jpg whatever) I’d suggest that over a public scanner for privacy purposes. Not sure but I thought copiers, faxes, scanners store images in memory. Sure someone more knowlegeable knows.

Which rebate do you need to send a document with? If you can do so by using your phone camera to create a file (.jpg whatever) I’d suggest that over a public scanner for privacy purposes. Not sure but I thought copiers, faxes, scanners store images in memory. Sure someone more knowlegeable knows.
I figured out the rebate stuff I think. Doing it today. Does anyone have any all weather floor mat recommendations for Model 3?

I don't have a scanner so I think the public library does so I'm going to try that tomorrow for the rebates.

In the rare cases I need to scan something, I use the ScannerPro app on my iPhone. You just use the phone camera to take pictures and the app makes it look like a scanned document by doing all the skewing, flattening, etc. I'm sure there are many other similar apps in the AppStore.

I figured out the rebate stuff I think. Doing it today. Does anyone have any all weather floor mat recommendations for Model 3?

For central valley weather (I mean no snow, just rain), the OEM mats sold by Tesla are great. They fit well and blend well with the rest of the interior. I think some people don't care for them because they aren't meant for heavy snow pileup. They don't curve a whole lot on the sides. But they work very well for us. We are in Northern CA and have two teenagers whose shoes seem to carry pounds of dirt and mud in rainy weather.

We have sets of 3D Maxpider Kagu mats in both of our cars. Had the set in our MS since 2017. Absolutely love them. I have a full set of frunk, cargo and interior in my Model 3. I think whatever part of California you are in from beach to mountain, you'll find the coverage is great. Lightweight, durable and easy to hose off and put back in. I think they also look stylish and a good match for the sexy Tesla cars. The only thing some people have an issue with is the metal logo on the front mats. Some people have removed the metal and patched the resulting whole to prevent water leaks and others have left it in place and blackened out the logo. I think most of us are just okay with it as is. There are a number of threads in the Model 3 forums on them with photos. I posted photos of my frunk and cargo ones here:
3D Maxpider Kagu Mats for Model 3
lifting the cargo mat to access the lower trunk area: 3D Maxpider Kagu Mats for Model 3

In the rare cases I need to scan something, I use the ScannerPro app on my iPhone. You just use the phone camera to take pictures and the app makes it look like a scanned document by doing all the skewing, flattening, etc. I'm sure there are many other similar apps in the AppStore.

For central valley weather (I mean no snow, just rain), the OEM mats sold by Tesla are great. They fit well and blend well with the rest of the interior. I think some people don't care for them because they aren't meant for heavy snow pileup. They don't curve a whole lot on the sides. But they work very well for us. We are in Northern CA and have two teenagers whose shoes seem to carry pounds of dirt and mud in rainy weather.
Looked today and it said they are sold out I think. Heard they are kind of pricey. Haven't done much price checking so idk if 145 is a fair price yet.

We have sets of 3D Maxpider Kagu mats in both of our cars. Had the set in our MS since 2017. Absolutely love them. I have a full set of frunk, cargo and interior in my Model 3. I think whatever part of California you are in from beach to mountain, you'll find the coverage is great. Lightweight, durable and easy to hose off and put back in. I think they also look stylish and a good match for the sexy Tesla cars. The only thing some people have an issue with is the metal logo on the front mats. Some people have removed the metal and patched the resulting whole to prevent water leaks and others have left it in place and blackened out the logo. I think most of us are just okay with it as is. There are a number of threads in the Model 3 forums on them with photos. I posted photos of my frunk and cargo ones here:
lifting the cargo mat to access the lower trunk area: 3D Maxpider Kagu Mats for Model 3
Thanks I'll look into those. Saw Tesla's go for 145 but are sold out. Not sure what others run.