Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pickup at... Port of San Francisco?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm scheduled to pickup my car this Wednesday. I received a VIN and pickup location (Kato @ Fremont) at this past weekend's Fremont event, however last night I received a call from a Tesla agent who said I can pick my car up from the Port of San Francisco.

When I asked him what the address was, he said Tesla would email it to me. No surprises, but no email came. Online it still says Oct-Dec delivery.

Is the Port of SF actually a location you can pick-up cars? I assumed it was a holding yard for cars to be rolled on/off boats...

Details:
* AWD, non-P, white, white interior, 18 aero, EAP
* No reservation, not a previous owner
* Ordered 8/27
* VIN assigned 9/8 (at Fremont delivery event)
* Date assigned 9/8

Thanks in advance!

Let me know how it goes, I was also assigned a VIN at Fremont event for pickup this Thur but I see on Delivery Receipts - United Road that my car was transported to Port of San Francisco today.

So now I'm wondering if I will pick up my car there now as well.

So lots of back and forth calls. I was told three different things within 24h: that it would be a pickup at Fremont, then pickup at Port of SF and then home delivery. I couldn't get a straight answer.

I eventually called the Port itself (Pasha Automotive) and they said only staff with a bill of lading could pick up vehicles. So I was told the wrong information by two Tesla Delivery reps.

Finally Tesla confirmed a rep will pick up the car from the port and drive it to me today. 20min before the appointment they called and said they were too busy. Rescheduled for this afternoon. Received another call saying nope, too busy.

Scheduled again for tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Hope your delivery communication goes more smoothly than mine!