Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pics of white Y with and without Gemini covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone would like to try out some spacers for their Model Y on Gemini?
Can hook up the first person to reach out!

dsc00248-jpg.644033

Danny

dsc00248-jpg.644033

Danny

@MODEL+ just curious, what would that do? Push the wheels out further? Are there any benefits to that or is it purely for aesthetic preference? Would doing so not also increase the issue so many are having with their rear doors getting pelted by dirt/rocks/sand/salt?

Reactions: TSLA Pilot
@MODEL+ just curious, what would that do? Push the wheels out further? Are there any benefits to that or is it purely for aesthetic preference? Would doing so not also increase the issue so many are having with their rear doors getting pelted by dirt/rocks/sand/salt?
Correct.
Primarily for aesthetics. Spacers gives the car a wider stance.

1620149471568.jpeg

Model 3 on 20/25mm Spacers.

Danny

• Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung

dsc00248-jpg.644033

Danny

dsc00248-jpg.644033

Danny
Would love to try them, but mid-June delivery. It’s amazing what a few millimeters can change the whole look of a car.

Reactions: MODEL+
Would love to try them, but mid-June delivery. It’s amazing what a few millimeters can change the whole look of a car.

I’m interested in getting some. Where did you buy?
They're available here:

Thanks,
Danny

Frankly, the aero covers on the Model 3 have really grown on me over time: clean design, huge +impact on range, and they make wheel repairs from curb rash almost disappear. What's not to like?
Concur with your assessment, and an excellent move by Tesla: a nice alloy behind the cover for those that must be conventional, and a very aero cover for everyone else.

They're available here:

Thanks,
Danny

Just a note of caution: these could lead to premature wheel bearing wear. The load path for the wheel bearings is likely centered at the middle of the bearing. If this is offset it could load the bearing in a way it was not designed.

Further research suggested . . . .

Just a note of caution: these could lead to premature wheel bearing wear. The load path for the wheel bearings is likely centered at the middle of the bearing. If this is offset it could load the bearing in a way it was not designed.

Further research suggested . . . .
This inevitably comes up whenever spacers are discussed.
Have never seen any hard evidence of this being true.

Danny

Hi all,
I'm about to order a Model Y so apologies if this is a newbie question - I did some searching but still in doubt about the wheels as on Google image search I see a lot of black Gemini wheels (underneath the covers).
Do I understand correctly that the Gemini wheels are always silver and a lot of people turned them black themselves one way or another? Or are some MY delivered with silver wheels and some with black ones?

BTW I'm in Europe, so this will most likely be a MIC model, not sure if that makes any difference.

Also : when you remove the covers and apply a center cap, can you put back the covers without removing the cap?

tia
Herb

Hi all,
I'm about to order a Model Y so apologies if this is a newbie question - I did some searching but still in doubt about the wheels as on Google image search I see a lot of black Gemini wheels (underneath the covers).
Do I understand correctly that the Gemini wheels are always silver and a lot of people turned them black themselves one way or another? Or are some MY delivered with silver wheels and some with black ones?

BTW I'm in Europe, so this will most likely be a MIC model, not sure if that makes any difference.

Also : when you remove the covers and apply a center cap, can you put back the covers without removing the cap?

tia
Herb
Hi Herb,

In the US I believe they are all silver under the Gemini covers, but I have no written proof of that. However, Tesla is not one to offer free choices nor slow down the production line. I read somewhere that you can not have both the cover and the center cap on at the same time. I’m sorry I can’t be more definitive.

Tom

• Helpful
Reactions: hbaerten