Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picture of your Model Y - Right Now!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Hartshead.jpg

Where did you get those wheel covers? They look fantastic. The lighter shade on the blades, is that grey or carbon fiber pattern? Thanks!
Thanks. The taillights are smoke, so after I smoked the side reflector, the hubcaps were too bright but I still wanted to retain range and the OEM look.

I ultimately got the idea from this youtube video (start at 6:02)

They never revealed what they did but I replicated it with black replacement gemini covers and Anthracite Grey hyperdip. $200 all in. And if/when the dip fails, I'll probably paint them proper, now that I know I like it.

Thanks. The taillights are smoke, so after I smoked the side reflector, the hubcaps were too bright but I still wanted to retain range and the OEM look.

I ultimately got the idea from this youtube video (start at 6:02)

They never revealed what they did but I replicated it with black replacement gemini covers and Anthracite Grey hyperdip. $200 all in. And if/when the dip fails, I'll probably paint them proper, now that I know I like it.

Thanks!!

So the black gemini covers that you bought are the aftermarket ones that are slightly larger and cover the lip of the gemini alloy wheel correct? Not the OEM covers that fit inside of the lip exposing the lip to possible dangers.

Thanks!!

So the black gemini covers that you bought are the aftermarket ones that are slightly larger and cover the lip of the gemini alloy wheel correct? Not the OEM covers that fit inside of the lip exposing the lip to possible dangers.
Right. Aftermarket black hubcaps specifically because I wanted to protect the wheels. Plus they did oem in the video which means you have to paint the exposed lip too.

They're all probably the same, but at the time these were the cheapest and included center caps. https://a.co/d/besYyjU

Reactions: Lartymarf
Black car in Phoenix.. brave man
It’s car wash and wax morning here in Phoenix Az. Both my MYLR and my sons BoltEV are getting the hand washed treatment and detail. Started at 6:30am before the heat comes and we’re done at 9am. Basically used Chemical Guys products and we’re satisfied with the results.
70922495253__EAFCFF3B-42FA-4E96-9834-382FB2D2FC02.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9654.jpeg
    IMG_9654.jpeg
    480.5 KB · Views: 92