Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picture of your Model Y - Right Now!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
6am iron decontaminatiom
IMG_8297.jpeg

Day one of ownership. No glory shots yet. Just 6+ hours in the garage getting clay’ed, polished, ceramic‘ed (terrible paint, Tesla). And then tucked in for the night with the Telluride.

Attachments

• 7B915D6F-3783-49DF-8B89-CBC395E0F0B6.jpeg
    7B915D6F-3783-49DF-8B89-CBC395E0F0B6.jpeg
    820.8 KB · Views: 199
  • D367074F-9831-439A-9BD9-1FA38DFB2E50.jpeg
    D367074F-9831-439A-9BD9-1FA38DFB2E50.jpeg
    541 KB · Views: 224
Reactions: BitJam
Out for the first run of errands. So far have installed black badges, mud flaps, and did a full paint correction/ceramic. Goes in for tint tomorrow morning…still trying to decide if I want to risk 15% or stick with 30% on the fronts.

I have same colors, but went with 20% on front sides and 50% windshield. With the white interior, it really does make the tint slightly lighter looking. FYI.

Reactions: ggunn9
Out for the first run of errands. So far have installed black badges, mud flaps, and did a full paint correction/ceramic. Goes in for tint tomorrow morning…still trying to decide if I want to risk 15% or stick with 30% on the fronts.
Are you concerned of tinting a day after Ceramic? My experience is they spray a lot of water during the tinting and ceramic coatings set better with no water for at least a week.

Are you concerned of tinting a day after Ceramic? My experience is they spray a lot of water during the tinting and ceramic coatings set better with no water for at least a week.
Tint was 2 days after ceramic (I did the ceramic on Saturday, tint on Monday), and the coating I used (Gyeon Mohs) says to avoid getting wet for 12 hours, preferred 24 hours. I did that. I’ve ceramic coated a lot of cars and I’ve never gone an entire week before they got wet, that’s just not realistic.

You are supposed to avoid washing it with any strong soaps/detergents for 2 weeks.

Reactions: ggunn9
Beautiful. Definitely good to take a picture after you clean your black car, so you can remember what that looks like 5 minutes later when it’s dirty again 😁
Oh man no kidding. This is my fourth black car and every time I say I’m not going to get black again. Yet here I am. Can’t resist how good they look clean and, if I’m being honest, I actually enjoy the process. 😂

Oh man no kidding. This is my fourth black car and every time I say I’m not going to get black again. Yet here I am. Can’t resist how good they look clean and, if I’m being honest, I actually enjoy the process. 😂
Well you know what they say, once you go black... 🙃

But I know what you mean — I find cleaning the car therapeutic/cathartic. But I'm not enough of a masochist to get a black one. I had one black car 20 years ago, that was enough.

I have same colors, but went with 20% on front sides and 50% windshield. With the white interior, it really does make the tint slightly lighter looking. FYI.
I'm getting tint on 8/17. I think I'm going 20% ceramic all around and 50% ceramic on the front.

I have 70% on my bmw windshield and I wish it was darker. You can't even tell it's tinted.

My MY P is midnight silver metallic/ Gray with black interior

Last edited:
Reactions: Milehighblue
Just picked the car up from the same guys that took care of my Porsche here in Houston. I forgot to get a head on shot but I will and add it.

XPEL PPF - Full Front, Door Sills, Luggage Area on Trunk/Back Bumper, Rear Rocker Panel
XPEL Tint XR PLUS - 20% Front, 55% Rear, 70% Front Windshield, 45% Roof
Paint Correction Detail & Feynlab Ceramic Coating
Satin Black Pillar Delete & and Side Mirrors
Black Emblems - Need to order one for the Dual Motor logo (they didn't have it)
Slightly Tinted Protection Film for headlights. Darker tinted film for tail lights and reflectors.

IMG_2358.JPG

IMG_2361.JPG

IMG_2363.JPG