Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picture of your Model Y - Right Now!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. How do you like the ride?
I’m stuck between the Michelin CrossClimate and the Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 Plus.
And may go 19x9.5 TSV.

The ride is fine. Seems a little noisier. Car slides on sharp turns, but I'm not sure it's fair to report yet as the tires are brand new and breaking in. 9.5 will be curb magnets. I can't imagine how much they gain in efficiency - less than 1%? I've heard very good things about the DWS06s. I still can't decide what to do for my MYP. Looks like we might get our first snow in a week.

Found out yesterday the Estes Park, CO Superchargers are at the Stanley Hotel from The Shining. Got us free parking and they have three restaurants, so it's pretty convenient. Still not walking distance to the strip, but the charge was quick. We had plenty of battery to make it to Bear Lake in Rocky Mountain National Park and take the scenic Peak To Peak highway back to Denver (and beyond). Good trip.
PXL_20231021_180718408.jpg

PXL_20231021_180914723.jpg

PXL_20231021_201233963.jpg

I didn't take a picture at the charger... but we charged up there just after dusk. Went down to The Post and have a beverage while it charged before heading home. Didn't know they did the big Halloween bash at the Stanley but will defiantly go back up to check it out.

Our trip was very similar to yours. :)

20231021_165532.jpg

FB_IMG_1698015287126.jpg

Found out yesterday the Estes Park, CO Superchargers are at the Stanley Hotel from The Shining. Got us free parking and they have three restaurants, so it's pretty convenient. Still not walking distance to the strip, but the charge was quick. We had plenty of battery to make it to Bear Lake in Rocky Mountain National Park and take the scenic Peak To Peak highway back to Denver (and beyond). Good trip.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ o_O Not the custom body work you are looking for. Sorry to see that. @Kwame
oh no!! sorry to see that

☹️

Thank you both. No one was hurt and that's all that matters. It'll be back better than before.
Going forward I will not drive this car on October 13th. I was hit on both October 13, 2022 and October 13th, 2023; Crazy Luck!

View attachment 984395
View attachment 984396
View attachment 984397
Wow, just did the same trip yesterday since Bear Lake no longer requires timed entry permits. Such a beautiful drive and amazing weather before the likely snow next week. I couldn't believe my efficiency on my last drive with the OE contis (201wh/mi over 190 miles). Just put the CrossClimate2's on this morning so not sure what the hit to efficiency will be.
IMG_4370-EDIT.jpg

Side note: Every single time I ask DT if they lift with pucks, they say they do. Then I go out and see this :confused:

IMG_4395.jpg

Reactions: Noflash
Wow, just did the same trip yesterday since Bear Lake no longer requires timed entry permits. Such a beautiful drive and amazing weather before the likely snow next week. I couldn't believe my efficiency on my last drive with the OE contis (201wh/mi over 190 miles). Just put the CrossClimate2's on this morning so not sure what the hit to efficiency will be.
View attachment 985086

Side note: Every single time I ask DT if they lift with pucks, they say they do. Then I go out and see this :confused:

View attachment 985087

Great day trip! You must've hiked further than us. We had kids and only saw the first two lakes. Great pic!

And how can you tell they didn't use pucks from that pic? I mean, it's unfortunate that they leaned the wheels like that. I've watched them use pucks on my card twice

Great day trip! You must've hiked further than us. We had kids and only saw the first two lakes. Great pic!

And how can you tell they didn't use pucks from that pic? I mean, it's unfortunate that they leaned the wheels like that. I've watched them use pucks on my card twice
They're just using a floor lift that is flush against the bottom of the car/ battery pack. At the Tesla SC they use 2 jacks with a puck on each. For example:

1698210198107.png

I'm pretty sure it's fine (because they've done multiple times) but it is concerning that the Tesla manual and their techs don't lift the car this way

They're just using a floor lift that is flush against the bottom of the car/ battery pack. At the Tesla SC they use 2 jacks with a puck on each. For example:

View attachment 985103
I'm pretty sure it's fine (because they've done multiple times) but it is concerning that the Tesla manual and their techs don't lift the car this way
Gotcha - I'll watch out for this. I'm usually pacing around the bay while they are working on the car.