Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picture of your Model Y - Right Now!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sweet! Clean setup for sure.

Any idea what the box does to your efficiency?

Thanks! 🍻
No idea, probably not that great 😅
I've read negligible, will put to test very soon.

The value that box brings for added storage for adventures is priceless. My intent was to be able to share this across my other cars on demand. Looking forward to rocking it on a Rivian R1S 😎

1000005818.jpg
1000005823.jpg
I took my uberturbine wheels off in favor of a set of freshly powder coated Induction wheels.

Uberturbine 10.5 wheel is 70.2 lbs
Induction wheels (square set up) 20x9.5 are 62.2lbs. Tires are 275 40 20 continentals

I got about a 1 inch lift all around.

I think your calculations might be off a little bit with comparing the new tire’s to the OEM performance tires.

The rears are almost identical height and the fronts are only .7” difference but that doesn’t mean it’s lifted .7”.
Your are incorrect.

I took measurements before and after my wheel and tire change.

I'm not try to convince anyone of anything or prove anything. I'm simple sharing MY experience. You don't have to like it or agree with it.

Thank you.

I think your calculations might be off a little bit with comparing the new tire’s to the OEM performance tires.

The rears are almost identical height and the fronts are only .7” difference but that doesn’t mean it’s lifted .7”.

Your are incorrect.

I took measurements before and after my wheel and tire change.

I'm not try to convince anyone of anything or prove anything. I'm simple sharing MY experience. You don't have to like it or agree with it.

Thank you.

The difference on the diameter of the rears is .1” between the 275/35R21 and the replacement 275/40R20, no way you got an inch of lift unless you also made suspension changes. It’s not a matter of not agreeing with your experience, the math says 2+2 does not equal 5. If you hadn’t moved the car since swapping the wheels the suspension could still be under tension from being jacked up when you measured, but it would settle back to normal height as soon as you moved the car. Regardless, it looks better with the 20” wheels 👍🏻

IMG_6298.jpeg