Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like a matte finish, so probably not a glare. But, it certainly looks bright-white, so it will likely be fairly distracting being right in front of your face.

Even if it won't cause glare, it'll still cause a very distracting reflection. It's not whether it's matte or shiny, it's the color. Anything lighter than black shows up noticeably as a reflection in certain light conditions. It's one of the weird things I notice a lot.

Even if it won't cause glare, it'll still cause a very distracting reflection. It's not whether it's matte or shiny, it's the color. Anything lighter than black shows up noticeably as a reflection in certain light conditions. It's one of the weird things I notice a lot.
I definitely see this on my X and S, but it's usually the section of the dash that's closest to the windshield. I can't say for certain, but it's possible this section of the dash is far enough back that it'll reflect off of a section of the glass that's more above our heads and not as much in the line of sight.

Reactions: gjunky and JRP3
ba5a2f37-f3a0-4eeb-868e-69a5721df740_400.jpg

I was driving though Seaside during my lunch today and saw this model 3 parked outside. Turns out it belongs to the manager there and he’s having it on display. I was able to sit in it and check it out. It was really cool in person. They said they’re getting a car in October for actual test drives. He left shortly after I was there to go to lunch himself so didn’t get a lot of pictures.

Enjoy

If Autopilot is not enabled, perhaps it could be added later without the extra charge for waiting. But only offered at the 'configure' price for a short time.
It is enabled, but all new cars have to go through a calibration period, which I presumed is tied to certain number of miles. I believe this is why it is being misconstrued as not being enabled. There was a video weeks ago of autopilot demonstration someone did on the highway.

Status
Not open for further replies.