Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think there is a chance that the center console for the white interior is actually white instead of the piano black which shows dust, finger prints, scratches, etc?
The original prototype with the white interior did, but not clear what production cars will have. Pic below.

I'm not a huge fan of the shiny black on the console for the very reasons you mention as well. However, I don't care for the white either. I'm sure that would get dirty, scratched, or even possibly discolor over time.

I do really like the white seats (actually hope the cream color is available) and don't mind the white on the door, but hoping the lower dash part is not white and especially not the console. That may be deal breaker and stick with the black interior instead. Otherwise could wrap those pieces in something else. Will reserve decision until see it in person.
Silver-Tesla-Model-3-interior-cupholder-touchscreen.jpg

The original prototype with the white interior did, but not clear what production cars will have. Pic below.

I'm not a huge fan of the shiny black on the console for the very reasons you mention as well. However, I don't care for the white either. I'm sure that would get dirty, scratched, or even possibly discolor over time.

I do really like the white seats (actually hope the cream color is available) and don't mind the white on the door, but hoping the lower dash part is not white and especially not the console. That may be deal breaker and stick with the black interior instead. Otherwise could wrap those pieces in something else. Will reserve decision until see it in person.

Attachments

• IMG_6914.PNG
    IMG_6914.PNG
    2.1 MB · Views: 230
  • Funny
Reactions: cizUK and Wattson
Oh your right. I remember seeing a really clear show on a RC in early July that didn't. I guess it's changed. I've found a clearer show where you can see the whole word. Clearly is still a model S though.

Actually, for the front doors, the Model 3 does have aluminum door sills with "Model 3" embossed on them. In fact, I think that's the only location where "Model 3" is written. I know I've seen a better pic, but here's the only one I could find now:

-- CintomanView attachment 250885

Attachments

• 2017-09-30 at 11.32 AM.png
    2017-09-30 at 11.32 AM.png
    781.7 KB · Views: 161
Does anyone think there is a chance that the center console for the white interior is actually white instead of the piano black which shows dust, finger prints, scratches, etc?
To be very clear - the white interior shown is a Signature Red Model S with the Signature white interior. The owner of the new Model 3 also has an early Model S or rode to the delivery in the Model S.

The white interior is not the Model 3.

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
Yes I uunderstand but we have seen at least one maybe two examples of the white interior for M3. I like it because it's cool (both temperature and being hip!) and different. However, I'm going to ride my M3 for about 10 years and not sure how it's going to look in a few years. I have seen the coffee spills videos etc. But I went to the tesla store and the MX with white interior was a little discolored from everyone trying it out. I pointed it out to the sales guy and he said yah that will get clean easily. I said ok show me. He opened the nearby cabinet and took out a micro fiber cloth and a bottle of Lysol! It didn't clean it.

Really enjoying the content on TMC so I decided to join now that I have something to contribute! VIN 399 black with sport 19s and PUP spotted yesterday at the Design Studio in Hawthorne. Was zipping by on my Zero DSR and figured I'd take the chance to stop in just in case. The car is unbelievably gorgeous in person and perfectly proportioned. Everyone with a M3 reservation will be blown away at the level of design and quality they're getting at this price point. Can't wait to take delivery next month!

Attachments

• IMG_3990.JPG
    IMG_3990.JPG
    524.6 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_3991.JPG
    IMG_3991.JPG
    294 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_3996.JPG
    IMG_3996.JPG
    498 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_3992.JPG
    IMG_3992.JPG
    484.6 KB · Views: 178
Yes I uunderstand but we have seen at least one maybe two examples of the white interior for M3. I like it because it's cool (both temperature and being hip!) and different. However, I'm going to ride my M3 for about 10 years and not sure how it's going to look in a few years. I have seen the coffee spills videos etc. But I went to the tesla store and the MX with white interior was a little discolored from everyone trying it out. I pointed it out to the sales guy and he said yah that will get clean easily. I said ok show me. He opened the nearby cabinet and took out a micro fiber cloth and a bottle of Lysol! It didn't clean it.
White examples are the early show vehicle (IE: no motor, no battery, just a shell for the show). It shows well, so I don't blame them!
Hopefully cream or white interiors will be available soonish, but I'm not expecting the option for 12-18 months.

Panel gaps....
on the Volt in the background!

Read everything first.... Waste of time trying to figure out what you were talking about.
Sorry if people took my joke wrong. A couple of disagrees. I was poking fun at myself. I thought it was hilarious I spent so long looking.

Reminded me of those old tests that the first question said to read all the instructions. Then the last of five pages just said ignore everything above, sign your name, and turn in.

To be very clear - the white interior shown is a Signature Red Model S with the Signature white interior. The owner of the new Model 3 also has an early Model S or rode to the delivery in the Model S.

The white interior is not the Model 3.
Not a signature white interior, just the ultra white that is currently offered on the S. You are correct though it is not a 3 interior. White will be offered at some point, stated in the FAQ as “Fall”. There has been at least one 3 seen with the white interior though.

Signature white is like the new cream color offered.

Reactions: Jason S
VIN #33
after many fruitless attempts, finally caught this beautiful unicorn in person at freemont factory vin33 • r/teslamotors

8MjoZS9.jpg

U7ZydDR.jpg

F2J2ePb.jpg

0KX5mCR.jpg

q9njqam.jpg

----------------------
From M3Owners FAQ thread
RiggerJon:
For you big guys out there, here's a buddy that's 6'4". Skinny as a rail and has a 34" inseam. The seat was set for him to be comfortable and it could go back 2 more inches. I asked him about visibility and he said no issues with the visor beam. He also stated that usually issues for him with other cars are the placement of the mirrror and how it would block visibility - and that this was not an issue in this car.
F7qjjJ5.jpg

Last edited:

I like the white interior but not the plain white dash. Now if it was a white-washed woodgrain I think that would look sweet. .

Status
Not open for further replies.