Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

pillar "delete"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Excellent. I copied you and added a touch to the front. Y Front.jpg Y Pillar Delete.jpg

Reactions: Boriska
LIke the pillar delete, nice work! Anybody do this on a blue Model Y? I'd like to see how it looks (since I've got a blue one)--giving it some thought. In terms of difficulty, how hard is it to do? I've got a local guy I could use (did front PPF for me), but just curious if it could be a DIY project....thanks!

Great job of fitting these guys

One quick questions - which colour matches the 2021 chrome deleted models? Cheers
Yes. I got Satin Black
But as stated. The metallic highlight was too much for the radar and shuts down autopilot and cruise.

Attachments

• 20210314_145610_resized.jpg
    20210314_145610_resized.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 467
  • 20210320_124757_resized.jpg
    20210320_124757_resized.jpg
    515.9 KB · Views: 416
  • Y Pillar Delete .jpg
    Y Pillar Delete .jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 465
LIke the pillar delete, nice work! Anybody do this on a blue Model Y? I'd like to see how it looks (since I've got a blue one)--giving it some thought. In terms of difficulty, how hard is it to do? I've got a local guy I could use (did front PPF for me), but just curious if it could be a DIY project....thanks!

I’m in the middle of doing this on a blue MY. I got the kit from Tesbros (comes with 2 of each vinyl piece). I really 💩 the bed on the passenger side, ruined both vinyls. However I did an excellent job (I think) on the driver side. I went with matte black

I'm thinking of trying to attempt this on my MY I'm getting delivered this Saturday the 22.. shop that doing my windows quoted me 350 for the pillar delete so I might try to do it myself too. Can I ask how you did the front behind the mirrors? did you use any kind of template for this? I am looking at rolls of vinyl and their obviously just a straight roll so I'm a little unsure! thanks for any help!

I'm thinking of trying to attempt this on my MY I'm getting delivered this Saturday the 22.. shop that doing my windows quoted me 350 for the pillar delete so I might try to do it myself too. Can I ask how you did the front behind the mirrors? did you use any kind of template for this? I am looking at rolls of vinyl and their obviously just a straight roll so I'm a little unsure! thanks for any help!
I encourage you to let them do it professionally. It doesn't look hard but it really is.
Mine was included in my PPF coverage of the front of the car for a total of $1750. Satin black looks amazing and wears and cleans well.

For the front decal you can get it from below, just don't use the metallic bottom part because it will mess up your radar.

Attachments

• 20210531_192708.jpg
    20210531_192708.jpg
    471.9 KB · Views: 382
  • 20210531_192731.jpg
    20210531_192731.jpg
    442 KB · Views: 438

Looks like there are pre-cut for the pillar delete. It will probably be easier than buying a roll of vinyl but at about 3x the cost though.

Reactions: Fairchild
I say go for it! It takes a little getting used to but it’s not very difficult, and a hell of a lot more cost effective than paying someone to do it.