Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pilot Sport 5 vs Pilot Sport EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, Im planning to buy new tires for my 19" 2023 Model Y Long Range should i buy Michelin Pilot Sport EV or Michelin Pilot Sport 5?

i do +150km everyday so noise level is important but not too much
also i need comfort are pilot sport 5's too firm?
do non-ev tryres reduce range too much? if they how many?

Reactions: fsb1
Reactions: Mercimek
Upvote 0
Hi, Im planning to buy new tires for my 19" 2023 Model Y Long Range should i buy Michelin Pilot Sport EV or Michelin Pilot Sport 5?

i do +150km everyday so noise level is important but not too much
also i need comfort are pilot sport 5's too firm?
do non-ev tryres reduce range too much? if they how many?
These are high performance summer tires. If you don't need the grip, get a touring tire. If you're just piling the miles on, these tires would likely be a waste.

Hankook iON Evo A/S is a normal touring tire, same with the factory Continental Procontact RX T2, and even the Sailun ERange Ecosphere would be a solid pick in your size for comfort/quiet while still maintaining efficiency.

Reactions: android04 and fsb1
Upvote 0
Very happy with these on my 3rd Model S.
Have heard good things about the Pirelli Elect from a friend who has a 3. They seem to be a good pick.

Also agree with the above post about going for a touring tire if you’re not looking for performance. Better tread wear and less noise on touring tires (generally speaking).

Upvote 0
On Pirelli's Elect site listed above, when you do a search for Model Y, 19" you get the following message:

"There are currently no ELECT Tires available for your vehicle. Pirelli continue to develop new products and technologies, discover a solution that works for you."

However, when you search by tire size 255/45R19 it comes up with the Scorpion MS which says uses Elect technology. Tire Rack has it for a whopping $450 per tire.

Last edited:
Reactions: fsb1
Upvote 0
These are high performance summer tires. If you don't need the grip, get a touring tire. If you're just piling the miles on, these tires would likely be a waste.

Hankook iON Evo A/S is a normal touring tire, same with the factory Continental Procontact RX T2, and even the Sailun ERange Ecosphere would be a solid pick in your size for comfort/quiet while still maintaining efficiency.
i want grip also, because I always do my km’s in curvy road but it shouldn’t be reduce my range, in my country pilot sport 5 and pzero pz4 elect has same price. pilot sport ev is %15 expensive than others

Upvote 0