Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Piss poor customer service from RPM Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got mine in today and opened to check the product. Found a defect on the driver side piece. Looks like a staple was sitting on it with pressure. Emailed them and waiting for a response back.

I lifted the corners on mine and they seem to peel off from the backing fine.

I just got mine in today and opened to check the product. Found a defect on the driver side piece. Looks like a staple was sitting on it with pressure. Emailed them and waiting for a response back.

I lifted the corners on mine and they seem to peel off from the backing fine.

Was there extra material around the window pieces? That's where my problem occurred. It wasn't a problem with the ClearPlex releasing from the paper backing, but the incomplete cut through the ClearPlex material between the window piece and the extra material.

I am not even sure why there was extra material. It should have just been the actual pieces on the paper backing and nothing else.

Last edited:
I also purchased their rear window protector and got one that was too big to fit. Emailed them early Jan and they responded "Hello, we are making a slight change to the corner window protectors and including new squeegees designed to help install them. We should have the new protectors ready to ship early next month."

So crossing my fingers replacement ships out soon.

I ordered my ABS spoiler, LED cupholder light and front applique wrap from RPM on Black Friday and they shipped everything out 2 days after that day and I got it 3 days later.

Ordered contrary to hearing bad things about them but decided to take a chance because they had the spoiler I wanted for a really good price

I had a fine experience with them

I received this kinda sort of apology and recognition of a problem from RPM Tesla last week.

Watch out with their "lifetime" warranty. They want you to pay to ship the item back, so it's not a full warranty like other firms. If it's a big item, you could be out some significant cash for shipping if they send you crap.

BACKORDERED NOTICE:
We have several items on backorder, but they will be shipping out ASAP. Thank you for your patients and continued business. While we are very busy shipping out orders we still want to announce new products for your TESLA that are in stock now.

THANK YOU !! We want to take a second to thank all of our customers for making 2019 our biggest year ever. In 2019 we released over 50 new items, and this year we have many more on the way. Customer Loyalty means a lot to us, as it does to any small business, and please remember how we stand behind our products like nobody else. Most of our competition only offer a 30 day warranty, but most of our products have our lifetime warranty. We want your business for life, and we want to help you protect, and customize your Tesla now and your next Tesla as well.

NOW WE HAVE FREE 1-2 DAY SHIPPING:

Orders ship in 1-2 days with Expedited Handling.
Free on orders over $250 in the Contiguous USA.

Yesterday I received my noise reduction (door seals) kit for my Model 3. Ordered Dec 12; got a couple e-mails regarding delays...

Good news is that they sent the "Gen 2" kit, which has improved B-pillar seals, different A-pillar seals, and added trunk and frunk seals (not in the Gen 1). The new B-pillar seals look like they should do a good job; they went in without a problem. The frunk seal went in easily, and makes the frunk _feel_ like it's snugly closed

Bad news is they do not have a video or pix posted of the trunk seal, and it's near impossible to tell exactly where the 3 pieces are intended to go. They texted me 1 pic that was of little help. Still waiting for a response on more help.

Also, the A-pillar seals still are not ready for prime time. When I was ready to install them, I found the double-sided tape was on the opposite side from what was shown in their video. I called and got an immediate answer from Jake & Mark: The new orientation is correct, because they had problems with the old orientation. They asked me to install it and give them feedback, so I installed 1 on the passenger side. Bottom line is that it doesn't look like it will do anything - there is still a gap between door and fender that the seal does not close. I did not bother with the driver side. I sent them pix and feedback, and am waiting for a response. FWIW, the seal was easier to install than indicated in their video. Work from behind the door, sitting on the edge of the seat and/or the door sill. Feed the excess tape to the front side of the door and pull from there when needed.

So, if you are considering an order or waiting for it to arrive, consider skipping the A-pillar seals for now, and wait for the installation video or pix for the trunk. Front & back doors, B-pillar, and frunk all install easily. I have to drive around some more before I decide if it was worth the $$.

While I didn't like the wait, their after-sale service has been OK so far.

FINALLY! 3 days short of 3 months!

The last item in your order is on the way
The last item in your order is on the way. Track your shipment to see the delivery status.

Items in this shipment
IMG_4185_92454f40-0d55-45bd-8e4b-51eb8fdc853a_compact_cropped.jpg
Model 3 Trunk & Frunk Sound Dampening Kit

FINALLY! 3 days short of 3 months!

The last item in your order is on the way
The last item in your order is on the way. Track your shipment to see the delivery status.

Items in this shipment
IMG_4185_92454f40-0d55-45bd-8e4b-51eb8fdc853a_compact_cropped.jpg
Model 3 Trunk & Frunk Sound Dampening Kit

That's the last item I am waiting for from my Dec order. Just got the second to last shipment last week. It's quite the journey ordering from RPM Tesla. Good thing I got the "rush shipment," or who knows what year I would receive my order.

Last edited:
I ordered a few small items from them a few days ago and didn’t know about this shipping problem they have. The email they sent me said it will ship in 10-20 days! Thought about canceling, but decided to just wait it out. Probably will be my first and last order from them though.
With the way they ship, I have to believe that they keep almost nothing in stock. They probably order the item from their source when you place your order!

Just ordered their new 10 piece noise reduction kit and roof noise reduction kit and my order is being prepared to be shipped
The A-pillar strip appears to do nothing. They changed the orientation of the L-shaped strip after finding the original orientation stuck out like a sore thumb between the door and fender.

The trunk seal part of the kit is still waiting for better instructions on exactly where it is supposed to go. Just saw they have a new video up, so maybe time to look again...

That's the last item I am waiting for from my Dec order. Just got the second to last shipment last week. It's quite the journey ordering from RPM Tesla. Good thing I got the "rush shipment," or who knows what year I would receive my order.

Just got shipping info today for the truck and frunk sound deadening kit. It's an end of era now that I will no longer be waiting for shipments from RPM Tesla. That's definitely the last time I order anything from them.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
Update: Installed the trunk seal per the new video. With the center section installed, cannot close the trunk. Where he shows the seal turning inboard of the plastic nub near either corner, I found the seal impinges on the original seal. Relocated the new seal outboard of the nubs, but still cannot close trunk with hard slam or all my weight on the lip. Removed center section, installed side sections; trunk closes [almost] normally.

Also, the video shows the B-pillar seals installed with the closed end down. Previous video showed directional seals with open end down to prevent water accumulation.

I reported the discrepancies via e-mail and am waiting for a response.