Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid center console light turns off when fully opened?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for reminding me about this. When I first got the 2022 MS it was late December 2021. Told them about the issue so they tried another car in the showroom which operated the same way therefore the answer was "this is how it functions, nothing wrong". Was not going to try to convince them as I could see it was rather hopeless. I put in a service request today and they are supposed to send mobile service out to correct it, anxious to see what they will come up with compared to 2+ years ago.
First console replacement I had was a mobile service. Was a bit surprised they sent mobile to swap the entire console. Took him a good two hours. Needless to say, it was still wrong when he was done with it. Later went to service center for a third replacement. Hope for better results for you!

Via service? No. They just rip and replace the console. @Bull might be able to make a recommendation given his surgery of his cars haha. I recall there being dip switches and someone has the electrical plans at one point (if I recall correctly). Maybe you could swap dip switches around or swap the boards.
It is definitely fixable but they don't bother. The switch, wire, and connector would be an easy swap. So would the decor part of the console where the switches are located. Unfortunately since the console removal is required either way they just swap it.

S and X center consoles are about $2500 in the EPC. That adds up fast. Sending out correct switches to keep in stock in parts dept would have been cheaper.

I did not see any DIP switches or other electronics that seem to be related. I believe that the console is controlled by VCLEFT which I am replacing shortly as part of my swivel screen retrofit. Hopefully that does not cause issues with the lights again. 😖

• Helpful
Reactions: Evee and cwanja