Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid center console light turns off when fully opened?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice, let us know if it works like it should. I'm waiting for the new yoke and might bother them about the console again if I ever get an appointment.
It does not. Deep console light is off when all drawers are open. If you start closing the top most slide (which covers the entire console), light trips on. If you slide that entire cover closed, the light remains on.

Mobile said they will look into it and left (not my preferred answer, but he was already here for three hours swapping the console). I have them coming out for separate issues Monday and we shall see.

@WilliamG or someone else - do we have the part number or the correct dipswitch configuration for the console? I will dig through this thread this weekend, but curious if someone has it readily available.

• Informative
Reactions: Hamilton237
It does not. Deep console light is off when all drawers are open. If you start closing the top most slide (which covers the entire console), light trips on. If you slide that entire cover closed, the light remains on.

Mobile said they will look into it and left (not my preferred answer, but he was already here for three hours swapping the console). I have them coming out for separate issues Monday and we shall see.

@WilliamG or someone else - do we have the part number or the correct dipswitch configuration for the console? I will dig through this thread this weekend, but curious if someone has it readily available.

I don't have the correct part number I'm afraid. I haven't seen discussion on this for a good while. Figured everyone would have had it fixed by now.

Reactions: cwanja

This was the part that fixed my Aug 2021 manufactured Plaid console

CONSOLE, CNFGD
ASY, PER, WHITE,
TWL(1564400-64-D)

• Helpful
Reactions: cwanja and WilliamG
For future awareness, the following part does not work

CONSOLE, DECOR, WALNUT, ASSEMBLY(1564416-01-E)

Never a dull moment owning a Tesla.
Just got my Tesla back and the third console does resolve the issue. First one (quoted here) did not but it seems they used the same part this go around but added the quoted part below. BE aware, they have changed the cup holders however to have three "grips" to hold cups better (I assume). And I hate it. Standard water bottles you have to force into the cup holders now.

For awareness, here is my part number from the invoice:
CONSOLE, CNFGD 1.00 ASSEMBLY, WHITE, WLNT(1564400-52-D)

Reactions: mcirish
Just got my Tesla back and the third console does resolve the issue. First one (quoted here) did not but it seems they used the same part this go around but added the quoted part below. BE aware, they have changed the cup holders however to have three "grips" to hold cups better (I assume). And I hate it. Standard water bottles you have to force into the cup holders now.

For awareness, here is my part number from the invoice:
The lined cup holders with the grips has been around for a while. Mine was upgraded in 2021 and changed then.

• Informative
Reactions: cwanja