Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PLAID Orders with Carbon Fiber

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When Tesla converted my Plaid+ to a Plaid reservation, they selected carbon fiber without asking. I’ve been trying to get it with the walnut interior decor without a $10K change fee from the original price to today’s. Tesla is considering it.

I ordered my Plaid (Wht on Blk int, 21”, CF) on 2/1/21. Initially had March delivery, then June, then July, then June 21- June 30, then June only, now nothing. I got a call 2 days ago from Fremont letting me know Carbon Fiber not avail till late July- early Aug…Unless I’m willing to take the wood instead of CF, and if so, they’ll call me in 3-4 days for delivery 😳. I’m like, “hell yeah, give me the wood”. And so, yesterday my order was modified, still no VIN but I’m hopeful next week me and plaid getting in on. I’ll keep y’all posted….

Called Tesla, as I've ordered a MS plaid with carbon fiber RN RN11514 which delivery was originally June, then July and now nothing. I asked if they had any idea if changing to wood would accelerate delivery times. I just got a standard canned response that changing times will cause me to move to the back of the line etc and that they haven't heard anything. Nobody seems to know anything honestly. Meanwhile I have friends who ordered after I did, but got cream or black seats with wood and have already taken delivery. My guess is that the white with carbon fiber order puts you into an eternity of waiting.

I ordered my Plaid (Wht on Blk int, 21”, CF) on 2/1/21. Initially had March delivery, then June, then July, then June 21- June 30, then June only, now nothing. I got a call 2 days ago from Fremont letting me know Carbon Fiber not avail till late July- early Aug…Unless I’m willing to take the wood instead of CF, and if so, they’ll call me in 3-4 days for delivery 😳. I’m like, “hell yeah, give me the wood”. And so, yesterday my order was modified, still no VIN but I’m hopeful next week me and plaid getting in on. I’ll keep y’all posted….
Did you get it?