Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid owners are you still happy with the car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s a long wait for my European delivery and in the meantime I’m watching more(every) review about the car.

Recently I’m finding more negative reviews about the handeling and braking. Is it really that bad at turns and just a 1 trick pony? The car will my daily so not too concerned about the brakes but an unstable car that’s no good in turns would be a bit of a deal breaker.

Lastly have you got used to the speed yet. Does the rapid acceleration get old?
All the best,

The negativity here blows my mind. The car is great. It’s a full size luxury car, not a 2 seater sports car.
I drive mine as a fast street car so it’s an excellent fit. I will never take it on a road course or race track with turns.
It seems like if that’s what you are looking for there’s much better ways to spend $140k
If all the car needs is a few grand worth of brakes that’s a heck of a lot more than you can say about many other sports cars, especially considering brakes are wear items anyway.

Reactions: Jpandes
The acceleration never gets old; so responsive to pedal input. What does get old is having to take it back to the SC so many times for operational issues. Most recently half shaft replacement and recurring driveline vibration under slight acceleration/steady speeds around 45mph. So, overall, not worth the $164,000 for the experience.

The handling is pretty good for a 5000 lbs car. The brakes stop the car but could be better in the confidence factor. Other than that make sure you work your abs and neck in the gym. A few drag strip mode launches will be next level stuff. King of the road.

Reactions: Turboz3
I’m with catalyst07. I’ve had lots of performance cars, tracked Porsches for 20+ years, sold an E55 to make room for my plaid.

The braking concerns are clickbait fueled hysteria. The brakes are nowhere near as good as Porsche brakes, they’re just normal. Could do with better pads but I’m not rushing out to get them. I’ll probably roast them the one time I’ll track this car, get better pads, and never think about it again.

Handling is fine. It’s 5000lbs. It’s never going to handle like a Miata. To me it handles like mid-sized German sedans used to. To me that’s a good thing.

Power…never…ever…gets old.

I’m with catalyst07. I’ve had lots of performance cars, tracked Porsches for 20+ years, sold an E55 to make room for my plaid.

The braking concerns are clickbait fueled hysteria. The brakes are nowhere near as good as Porsche brakes, they’re just normal. Could do with better pads but I’m not rushing out to get them. I’ll probably roast them the one time I’ll track this car, get better pads, and never think about it again.

Handling is fine. It’s 5000lbs. It’s never going to handle like a Miata. To me it handles like mid-sized German sedans used to. To me that’s a good thing.

Power…never…ever…gets old.
Exactly my sentiment with my Plaid.

Reactions: jebinc
I have several minor issues….no autopilot available, front camera not working, squeaky front left suspension issue, and it won’t change ride selection (stuck in Sport). Other than the hassle of leaving it at the SC with only an Uber credit as a consolation prize for my $140,000 two month old car is unsettling, to say the least. However, I would not trade this car for anything. I put up with the glitches and promised items not yet delivered (ANC, 200 mph, etc) because the car is amazing. It’s a showstopper and a neck breaker. Besides, I sell it out of frustration and what am I going to replace it with? Elon has us by the nutsack because he knows there is no other option.