Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid performance at different SoC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fastest 1/4 time I have at the strip is a 9.18 and that was above 90% SoC. I also turned a 9.92 at 21% SoC. If you wanted a very obtuse guesstimation, you could say 0.10 second loss per 10% SoC. But realistically, it's still turning 9.2's in the high 60% to low 70% SoC. I don't think 0-60 time is affected at all until you get in the sub-20% SoC range, because that's a traction issue, not a power issue.

Fastest 1/4 time I have at the strip is a 9.18 and that was above 90% SoC. I also turned a 9.92 at 21% SoC. If you wanted a very obtuse guesstimation, you could say 0.10 second loss per 10% SoC. But realistically, it's still turning 9.2's in the high 60% to low 70% SoC. I don't think 0-60 time is affected at all until you get in the sub-20% SoC range, because that's a traction issue, not a power issue.
How do you mean traction is correlated to SoC?

I meant that the car is limited by the amount of traction it has, not by the amount of juice the batteries have. It overpowers the road and spins/engages traction control even under 20% SoC.
Ofcourse. I can't wait for winter to end so i can put 4S instead of PA5, with warm roads to test it out properly. It should be night and day difference with enough grip

Reactions: Sam1