Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Vibration around 38-42MPH....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Following this. I feel for you guys. It took me the better part of a year to solve a rattle and clunk on my 2020 MSP front motor. At least your issue seems it can be fixed with software. Mine was caused by a shim which they forgot to install at the factory.

Best of luck !!

M

Waiting to take mine in mainly because I don't want them to have the car for 3 weeks diagnosing this issue. Need someone else to take theirs in so they can either confirm a fix for software or confirm the problem. ;) Someone volunteer?

I also have a whistle that comes and goes around 79-85mph, and a few other things I'm waiting to build up before I give them my car back.

Waiting to take mine in mainly because I don't want them to have the car for 3 weeks diagnosing this issue. Need someone else to take theirs in so they can either confirm a fix for software or confirm the problem. ;) Someone volunteer?

I also have a whistle that comes and goes around 79-85mph, and a few other things I'm waiting to build up before I give them my car back.
Mine is going tomorrow. Engineering out of Fremont want the car in for diagnosis as it is a common complaint. Also have an issue with steering thud coming out the garage this morning almost felt like when you turn a 4x4 in low. Something is very off on the front powertrain of these cars. Will keep you all updated !!!

Reactions: headcase
When I'm doing around 38-42 mph and slightly press the accelerator I get vibration on the wheel and in the car. It almost feels like you've shifted in 5th gear on an ICE car and its slowly bogging down the motor. Of course if you press harder you don't get the vibration. Wondering if anyone else has noticed this?

Anything before or after this speed doesn't have this issue. I'm wondering if the motors are not in sync at the speed?
Yes I have, but with a slighter wider speed range. Exactly the way I’d describe it.

Mine is going tomorrow. Engineering out of Fremont want the car in for diagnosis as it is a common complaint. Also have an issue with steering thud coming out the garage this morning almost felt like when you turn a 4x4 in low. Something is very off on the front powertrain of these cars. Will keep you all updated !!!
Thanks for taking one for the team! Keep us posted!

Reactions: smf72