Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XM Radio Favorites - Tesla broke it - says it's "as designed". Hasn't used a radio in 40 years?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2023.2.12 - does not fix the issue.

In good news: I won my court case.
In other news: The problem has existed now at least 13 months - I found my first video showing the issue from Jan 2022.

Soon as the proverbial check clears - and we are 1 day past when they can appeal, I will post a new thread with the story.

2023.2.12 - does not fix the issue.

In good news: I won my court case.
In other news: The problem has existed now at least 13 months - I found my first video showing the issue from Jan 2022.

Soon as the proverbial check clears - and we are 1 day past when they can appeal, I will post a new thread with the story.

unreal that they'd rather go through all this litigation than just fix the damn issue.

between crap like this and the twitter debacle, i don't understand why anyone still considers elon such a genius. i really don't.

Just took car in for service (the power steering failed but seemed like it was a temporary problem). I asked about the "favorites issue". The service guy just smiled and said "we get a lot of people trying to get it fixed here and we have no fix and no idea when it's going to be fixed". That was it. They are aware... they just couldn't care less. FYI... I asked him what the Recents/Favorites tab did and he said he didn't know. No one seems to know.

@SabrToothSqrl have you gotten 2023.6.8 yet? at the risk of jinxing it, it seems that update has fixed this. my favorites (22 of them, anyway) have persisted through about 10 hours, several drives and at least two scroll wheel reboots. i have 29 favorites saved, the scroll wheel now cycles through the first 22 of them. no idea how they landed on that number, but it's better than the zero that it was previously...

Yes, with 2023.6.8 it appears fixed, although I've had limited testing.
Only took over a year to fix something they broke, then wouldn't admit, then fought me over, then lost in court to.

Maybe my lawsuit worked? The timing is sure interesting. Not a word of it in the release notes - not even the standard "bug fixes".
I guess the software team takes the same approach as service. "Could not reproduce". aka piss off.

On a whim I tried mine, and it would work for like 5-10 min before not working right, it kept going to 'invisible favorites' where it would select a station that at sometime was a favorite, but it wasn't shown on the screen as a favorite.

Deleting all my favorites, then re-adding them backwards, since it's 1923 and you can't reorder favorites, the car now seems to be working, as it did, FOUR YEARS ago. With every button press I still hold my breath, waiting for the time when it doesn't work.

Reactions: crackers8199
Today, on a drive less than 20 min each way, my radio 'crashed' no less than 3 or 4 times.
The audio cuts out, the display shows my XMRadioID, and it just hangs.

lol... mine was doing that last night too. it has done that off and on for a while now. some days it's bad, some days it doesn't happen at all.

I guess that's the price we pay for having working favorites. Elon is such a genius.

Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
did about 3 hours in the car today, didn't reset once...so this seems to be an intermittent issue with no rhyme or reason found so far as to when it happens. it was glorious though being able to cycle through favorites with the wheel and not having to keep taking my eyes off the road to look at the screen.

Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
once u delete them all, try the wheel buttons one more time - mine was going through 'invisible' favorites. if it doesn't go numerically, once you're on an 'invisible favorite' favorite it, then un-favorite it.

so far, mine's been okay for a few days. I'll never update my firmware again. All it's gotten me is lower AP speed. False front collision alerts and ruined my following distance. May still sue over that, haven't decided yet.

I emailed Tesla the signed judgement from the court case a week ago. No response yet.

Reactions: crackers8199