Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XM Radio Favorites - Tesla broke it - says it's "as designed". Hasn't used a radio in 40 years?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sheriff's office called me back, they are so nice :)

Next step is the Sheriff will visit Tesla, in person, and bottom line it for them. "Cut the check, or they take inventory."

If they do not cut a check for the judgement PLUS the fees I've incurred for the Sheriff's services, the Sheriff and their staff will, take inventory, recording the VINs, Serial Numbers, etc of everything they can see that I listed on the form. (Cars, Computers, Repair Equipment, Tools, Furniture, Lighting, Electronics).

At that point, it would be illegal for Tesla to move, sell, transfer, etc any of the property the Sheriff records.

Which, effectively shuts down the location.

I then get a mailed copy of the inventory.

I'm not 100% on the steps after that, I think then I physically go to the location and under the guidance/protection of (and with) the Sheriff, I get to remove items to satisfy the judgement, but then they are sold at auction? (Otherwise I assume someone might take an entire car for a $1k judgement).

So, you take a bunch of stuff, it goes to auction, and then the funds are distributed from that sale. (I assume).

So much learning! love it.

Stay Tuned!
Wow - what a cluster. Give you credit for being determined. I would have dropped it and moved on by now. 🙂

Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
I'm not necessarily in the camp that it is what's right. Tesla isn't a static company. It keeps adding features and updating things. Somethings will get left in the past.
Well, then you're wrong. But that's okay too, I'm sure there is a lot missing in my real life to forum translations.

Companies should not be allowed to sell a product, break it, then lie about breaking it, and gaslight their customers.

This would have played out very differently IF:
1. They admitted it was broken
2. Developed a reasonable time to fix, be that new firmware, or rolling back firmware, which is easily done on all other modern systems
3. Appeased me with a simple, we are sorry, and we are working on it, here's free premium connectivity for 5 years
4. Appeased me with a simple $500? Store Credit, so I could buy connectivity.
5. At any point offered anything other than "go away, this is how it's supposed to work, screw you"
6. At any point replied to my certified letters
7. Worked with the district attorney to find an amicable solution

So, please keep in mind, Tesla, for OVER A YEAR. Had EVERY chance to do ANY of these things.
I would have preferred, and been open to many of these options!

Instead they chose, radio silence, lies, and to gaslight me. Canceling my appointments. Telling me, I don't know how radios work.
That some magical "algorithm" knows my favorites better than I do.

You know who uses the word "algorithm"? People who don't know how something works.

I had to print the owners manual pages, and show THEM how the car works. Finally after months, I was able to show them it was broken.

And here we are. And yes, of course part of me REALLY wants to watch the sheriff take inventory, however a check will be better for both sides.
So, let's hope there is a check, and that Tesla
1. Improves customer service
2. More firmware testing before roll out
3. Roll back options for firmware. I can uninstall a windows update!

I was listening to XM on my way back from lunch today, and Lisa Loeb was hosting 90s on 9.
Great show, great girl, excellent DJ, you should check it out!

Once I am made whole from the judgement, my plan is to buy 2 of the techs Chick Fila gift cards. Those guys are all-right.

Last edited:
Reactions: crackers8199
I'm not necessarily in the camp that it is what's right. Tesla isn't a static company. It keeps adding features and updating things. Somethings will get left in the past.

this is a horrible take.

this isn't just a matter of them updating features or adding new ones...this is something that was clearly broken that they insisted was not broken, despite multiple reports to the contrary. not to mention it was something that was broken that made actual operation of the vehicle less safe (in having to look away from the road and down at the screen to change favorites rather than just use the wheel).

in all seriousness, I applaud SabrToothSqrl... the insipid way they have gone from a friendly buyer comes first company to basically "f you"... I hope he gets his judgement. The thing is... it's supposed to be fun to drive the car. They took away the one thing that a lot of us literally do first upon purchasing a car... add your favorite radio or listening stations. So the car, in my opinion, sucked and I wanted to give it right back.

Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
in all seriousness, I applaud SabrToothSqrl... the insipid way they have gone from a friendly buyer comes first company to basically "f you"... I hope he gets his judgement. The thing is... it's supposed to be fun to drive the car. They took away the one thing that a lot of us literally do first upon purchasing a car... add your favorite radio or listening stations. So the car, in my opinion, sucked and I wanted to give it right back.
thanks for the kind words. Music is SO important and critical and such an amazing part of our lives. XM enables me to hear things like Hit Bound, where I get music that's not on the top100 list, or 90s on 9, and I get to hear stories about how EverClear was sleeping in a van, eating apples or something, I only partially remember the anecdote, or when third eye blind was hosting on SiriusXM, and you get to hear the motivation, mindset, and learn so much about the how the songs came to be. And I am an opponent of censored music. No, I don't want young kids to hear profanity/etc, but there is a purity in music being how the artist intended, which FM cannot do. When I hear the censored version of Janie's Got a Gun, it kills me. the song doesn't have the build up, the impact, the outcome. That song is so much more meaningful. Along with the 3rd verse of semi-charmed life being skipped... it's just.. wrong. and SirusXM is where you can go for real music. Real history. I've used the Tesla radio stuff. It's just like pandora. but worse. It's just song, song, song, repeat song, etc.

When Tesla took that from my car, from me, it was crushing. When they lied about it, well. You know the story.

There's a lot of rhyme and reason why the update occurred, it's a merging of technologies to allow for continued advancement.
OK, so you're telling me that my vehicle needs to phantom slow twice as often and also cross the double yellow and/or drive left of center in locations where it didn't before in order for the CyberTruck to be able to drive itself at all? OK, progress! :rolleyes: