Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please List Model 3 PERFORMANCE track times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He was really glad he did track insurance on that run.
I've given thought to this as I've started hanging things out there a little further. What kind of deductible is typically on those policies? What's it like to try make a claim? Is it a very similar process to my normal street insurance? I've done some cursory research but have had a tough time figuring it out.

I've given thought to this as I've started hanging things out there a little further. What kind of deductible is typically on those policies? What's it like to try make a claim? Is it a very similar process to my normal street insurance? I've done some cursory research but have had a tough time figuring it out.

Deductibles are either 10% or 15%. It should be very similar to filing any other auto insurance claim. I never drive without Insurance, not worth potentially losing a $60k asset.

• Informative
Reactions: SammichLover
I never drive without Insurance, not worth potentially losing a $60k asset.
Yeah.

What really gave me pause on it is car-to-car where someone else did something stupid. Local track has a "Mcleran Experience", or something named like that, that you often end up in session with. They are rentals that have an attendant (IIRC) along in the passenger seat but someone in the group I was driving with mentioned that one wet day he went out on track along with three of the McLerans and only was only one of the McLerans drove back in. One ditched it solo off the track and needed to get towed back. Another one was following him and took a line at the end of the grandstand straight that was a lot like a bomb attempt. It was "pass only in straights on wave by" and so they probably weren't trying to bomb but they got up on water and hydroplaned right into a T-bone of this guy going through the corner. :/

So it isn't even really something fully under my control or confined to the realm of mechanical failure on my own vehicle.