Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please! Talk me out of MX Plaid !!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In my experience the Tesla service model is broken. It would be perfect if there was good quality control before the vehicle made it for delivery. As is, the service centers are overwhelmed, understaffed and rushed in their addressing issues likely due to management pressure to keep from bottlenecks forming. The result is multi-week wait times in many SC, multiple visits for the same issue and disgruntled customers. It also erodes brand value. They need to fix QC - asap.

In my experience the Tesla service model is broken. It would be perfect if there was good quality control before the vehicle made it for delivery. As is, the service centers are overwhelmed, understaffed and rushed in their addressing issues likely due to management pressure to keep from bottlenecks forming. The result is multi-week wait times in many SC, multiple visits for the same issue and disgruntled customers. It also erodes brand value. They need to fix QC - asap.
This isn’t specific to Tesla. Every local dealership service center has this exact same experience from what I’ve seen lately. Local Kia dealer is a month out for anything beyond recalls. People are keeping cars longer and dealing with servicing them vs buying new.

What I’m saying is - if Tesla can’t differentiate itself and reverts to what the worst examples of the regular dealer service experience are, then there’s nothing to write about regarding their service. It sucks - from the dirty, beat-up loaners, to the customer interactions and repair quality.

Kia is not really a great brand in my mind, it doesn’t matter how well they’ve done compared to decades ago - it’s not a good benchmark.