Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plugged in at home and getting two charging errors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charging Disabled
Close Charge Port Door and Try Again

Never Insert Charge Cable Using the Charge Port Lever
Using Lever to Insert Cable Will Prevent Charging

I have no idea what they second one even means. I’ve tried rebooting, but it doesn’t fix anything.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• 9F5CF686-8A9A-40D0-A3D9-C0CFB4CD32E0.jpeg
    9F5CF686-8A9A-40D0-A3D9-C0CFB4CD32E0.jpeg
    268.1 KB · Views: 148
I think your mobile connector is going into a safe mode. You can check to see if the TESLA lights on the "adapter" has turned off or is showing/lit red vs green. New mobile connectors seem a bit finicky if they notice a change in load or voltage. I've had to unplug from the wall to reset it.

I think your mobile connector is going into a safe mode. You can check to see if the TESLA lights on the "adapter" has turned off or is showing/lit red vs green. New mobile connectors seem a bit finicky if they notice a change in load or voltage. I've had to unplug from the wall to reset it.
The car was reporting problems without the cable even plugged in, and after reboots as well.

The error was gone this morning, but Tesla is still concerned enough that they came and picked it up from me and left me a model s.

Hot Take: The 3 is better than the S.

I’ve had it for a few days now, and occasionally gotten the “Charge port door needs service” message.

It looks like they didn’t reinstall it correctly, as it is catching on the top left corner when it closes.

Going back for more service.

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna