TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

PM3 Order

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Chancellor32, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Chancellor32

Chancellor32 Member

Current Model S owner, If I placed an order for PM3 any chance it gets here by end of year? Also if my friend orders today as well ( Non Tesla Owner) a PM3 same timeframe?

2. marusan

marusan Member

Based on reports here, I don't think current owners are getting any priority any more -- it's all about reservation time and which batches they choose to produce first (i.e., body color and interior color). I was a line waiter (albeit, west coast), and have had a P3D+ on order for nearly two months now with zero movement.

So, I wouldn't get my hopes up, at least with respect to getting in on full the federal rebate. My estimate still allows as late as November, perilously close to the end of the year.

That said, delaying ordering is just going to delay delivery.

• Like x 1
  3. Gavyne

Gavyne Member

No reason to believe you won't get it by end of the year, the delivery window is still 2-4 months, that puts you within end of the year.

4. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

No longer a priority system.

I will wager if you placed a P3 order, you will get it before end of year. But I would not delay for sure.

5. RandyS

RandyS Fan of Elon

I do believe owners are still getting priority. I have a 2013 P85 and a Dec 2017 Model 3 LR.

With a second reservation that I'd been holding since day 1, I placed my order for my PM3 on August 4, and received word on August 7 that it was built and would be ready for delivery soon. I'm sure it helped that I ordered all the options and the white interior. The VIN was provided a couple of days later. I could have taken delivery as soon as August 15, but I wasn't ready. I was able to pick up the car on August 18, and it is beautiful...

At least in my case, I was able to do much better than the original October - December estimate when I pushed the order button...

6. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

Out of curiosity, was your car color Black?

I believe Model 3 ordering is just "order matching" at this point. They just make them in batches and if there is a match in front of line you go as first come first serve.

7. Ormond

Ormond Member

What color did you order?

8. khraiv

khraiv Member

Very likely. Delivery rate is already through the roof and the vast majority of newly registered VIN's in the last month are all AWD (includes P's). Tesla appears to finally be hitting their (target) numbers.

9. RandyS

RandyS Fan of Elon

It is Red with White interior.

10. Chancellor32

Chancellor32 Member

Good to know thanks everyone!

11. Glamisduner

Glamisduner Active Member

you will probably get it before I get my AWD with a reservation....