Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PM3 Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on reports here, I don't think current owners are getting any priority any more -- it's all about reservation time and which batches they choose to produce first (i.e., body color and interior color). I was a line waiter (albeit, west coast), and have had a P3D+ on order for nearly two months now with zero movement.

So, I wouldn't get my hopes up, at least with respect to getting in on full the federal rebate. My estimate still allows as late as November, perilously close to the end of the year.

That said, delaying ordering is just going to delay delivery.

Reactions: MXWing
I do believe owners are still getting priority. I have a 2013 P85 and a Dec 2017 Model 3 LR.

With a second reservation that I'd been holding since day 1, I placed my order for my PM3 on August 4, and received word on August 7 that it was built and would be ready for delivery soon. I'm sure it helped that I ordered all the options and the white interior. The VIN was provided a couple of days later. I could have taken delivery as soon as August 15, but I wasn't ready. I was able to pick up the car on August 18, and it is beautiful...

At least in my case, I was able to do much better than the original October - December estimate when I pushed the order button...

The VIN was provided a couple of days later. I could have taken delivery as soon as August 15, but I wasn't ready. I was able to pick up the car on August 18, and it is beautiful...

At least in my case, I was able to do much better than the original October - December estimate when I pushed the order button...

Out of curiosity, was your car color Black?

I believe Model 3 ordering is just "order matching" at this point. They just make them in batches and if there is a match in front of line you go as first come first serve.